Sheep Tag Elimination

Nanakil_99

Reaction score
well ive been thinking about remakeing sheep tag elimination so if yas want me to say yes and what i should add to it becuase its starting to get to easy for me

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Sheep tag and related games are very easy to make... but their also easy to get horribly unbalanced and usually crappy. I think you should make a sheep tag but improve sheeps building with a higher level of tech tree items, and give wolfs their own abilitis like in tree tag. Also make middle area on rock so sheep cant built around it very easily becuase its a p.i.t.a. for the wolfs as people complain about campers but all the sheep do is hang around middle...

Overall, sounds good, just make sure the wolfs are fun to use so people don't have to wait 10 minutes to get 3 or 4 wolfs willing to play...

Nanakil_99

Reaction score
Thanks for the idears from what i can gather people hate bieng shepards becuase thay have to chase the sheep and all over not as fun as bieng a sheep so to fix this problem i think i might be albe to give the sheeps an ability that lasts for say 2 mabey 3 mins that gives them the ability to chase the wolfs that really just changes it around for that amount of time so if that where chas people would not like it but becuase of the tight pesitions sheeps can get into this ability could really change the way people look a sheep tag

R

red_rabit

Nanakil_99 said:
Thanks for the idears from what i can gather people hate bieng shepards becuase thay have to chase the sheep and all over not as fun as bieng a sheep so to fix this problem i think i might be albe to give the sheeps an ability that lasts for say 2 mabey 3 mins that gives them the ability to chase the wolfs that really just changes it around for that amount of time so if that where chas people would not like it but becuase of the tight pesitions sheeps can get into this ability could really change the way people look a sheep tag

that sounds like a good ideal you nead to put a twist like thatin the game and mabe a abilitey wear the wolvs can walk threw buildings or somethand that woulld make it real fun to play

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Not many people play Sheep Tag anymore... The game is just too 'plain'....

If you want a more detailed game like this play Tree Tag :p

But it would be more fun if this game got more detail inside of it... like maybe better buildings new terrain, doodads, capturable mines...

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Tags like Sheep/Animal have gotten old somewhat. Tree is kind of boring too. I am trying to revolutionize tags. Currently, I am trying to create one that is enjoyable for both Animal and Hunter, and has more variety and interest to it.

I call it Tropical Tag. I am looking for help and input at the moment. You can find the thread in these forums about it here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26965

To be completly honest, it has basically everything that Jimpy was recommending in it. From the many games I have hosted, I find that people enjoy Hunter as much as Animal. There are tons of tech things, upgrades, random events, hunter abilities etc.

G

GoldenRock

Sheep Tag is one of my fav games, but so far, reborn is the best one. The main thing i like about it is the terran, but it is getting kind of old. Sense there are not ganna be any more reborns(gosusheep quit and now plays WoW). It will be cool for some new maps. If u need any help with the triggers and stuff i can try to help u, i have been working with the editors for a while now. Put alot of work into your map tho :)

GosuSheep

Reaction score
i still play-.-
let me give u an update on my new
SHEEP TAG REVOLUTION
map.

thanks to goldenrock i have added a lot of cool new shit

1.) theres text for every important event in the game such as, sheep dying, sheep being revived, and wolves being let out of the pen.

2.) added a couple game commands. -end simply ends the game if the game opperator doesnt wanna play anymore. This command can only be used at the startup screen before every game. -cancel resets all the game modes in case the opperator made a mistake. This also works if the game is in the "Pick Teams" section. im working on a command called -transfer that designates another player to choose the modes.

3.) I HAVE VIRTUALLY DELETED MEMORY LEAKS!!! memory leaks occur when an additional variable needs to be created to perform a task. example, when you are required to "Create unit at center of Region[Shephard spawn]", it will create a new location THEN send the unit to that location (which would be the CENTER of the region). there are many more but im sure you could think of them. By setting the location to a variable, (ie "Set atemploc = center of Region[shephard]// create units at atemploc) then destroying that variable (ie Custom Script :: call destroylocation atemploc) it will destroy the handle, as well as the variable causing no random variables floating around the map causing lag and game spikes. (handles are modules that point to or activate certain variables)

4.) i have added a farm called Wide Farm. it is 3x3 unit farm. It's hotkey is W.

5.) I have put all the -buy prices on the name of the items in the shops, as well as given them handy hotkeys. On the shops, items appear in 3 rows, 4 columns. row being Y, columns being X. So what i did was make the hotkeys FOR the items be corespondant to the top left letters on the keyboard. [Q][W][E][R] for top row, [A][D][F] for 2nd row, etc.

6.) I have added the -zoom command. Now, at first, i made it so there were 2 different ways to change the zoom level. The first being by typing it, and the second being pressing "Z" which is the hotkey for the zoom ability. The issue with that was i could only have the zoom modification go 1 way; up. I was only able to find 1 ability in the entire fucking stash of item, unit, and hero abilities that didnt stop the movement of the sheep when he that ability. Now, you can tell me that divine shield, potion of speed, etc dont stop the unit when used, but for a strange reason, it does when used multiple times in a row. So what I did was make the Zoom INCREASE with every use of the Zoom ability. Starting at default 1650, going to 3350, then when reaching the max, it would return to the minimum which is 1450. It was pretty fucking cool when i had it going. The next thing was that you could type just "-zoom" and it would tell u the Minimum, default, maximum, and current zoom levels. Other than that, you could type -zoom #### which would change ure zoom level to that number. So people would use the Zoom ability to find out where they would like their field of view, then memorize that zoom level and type it in every game.

7.) I sadly HAD to delete the zoom ability. So the only thing that works is typing in -zoom and -zoom ####. The reason i HAD to was because i made a map for UberSheep that had a lot of the new stuff added to the map. He wanted a playable map as soon as possible on roc. So i made the map and played around with it. At that point, i had it so ESC would toggle the leaderboard window. I made it so if you were selecting a farm, the window would not toggle. The issue with this was that if you canceled the build menu or canceled an order to build a farm, IT WOULD TOGGLE THE LEADERBOARD WINDOW. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to change that ONE ability that i could find that wouldnt stop the movement of a sheep to the one that toggles the hideshow. So from now on, my maps' leaderboard window will be toggled by pressing the letter "Z"

8.) I have changed the loading screen to chef's preference which is the No Briefing screen so people dont have to "Press any key to continue". I know theres a way to make it so they dont have to press a key, but until i find that out, im gonna have the map have no briefing for quality assurance.

--

i do apologize because i said that i would have this map done in a month about a month ago. I've been so caught up with work, school, and my fucking asshole friends that i havent had enough time to test, beta test, debug, troubleshoot, and release.
When i have tested the shit outta the map and its ready for beta testing, then ill contact you all so we can balance the map perfectly.

goldenrock, i owe u a lot. U have EXCELLENT ideas and with them, i hope we'll come up with the perfect sheep tag map.

-gosu

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.