Simple Question.

B

Blademaster_X

I ROC:

How would I get the action "Game - Display text message" to display a player's name?

M

MrJoeS

Is there a "conversion - player name to string" ?

Sorry if it's the obvious answer. I don't know how to run RoC WE now that I have TFT.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep it's pretty much exactly what MrJoe said, I think that conversion is the last one in the list.

edit - i think its just called "player - player name" or something like that.

B

Blademaster_X

I need help...on the variables menu I selected "String" as the variable type. For the initial value I selected "Player - player name" as the function and I put down "Name of [Player 1]". But it still says the initial value is None. Help me?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
you can't set initial values in many circumstances.

player 1 doesn't even have a name until the map gets loaded up anyway, so the variable basically has no idea what to do, so it does nothing.

i'll elaborate a bit more:

since its a string, it can only store a string. if you tell it to store "name of player 1", that value doesn't exist until the map loads up, and in the mean-time the string variable can't actually store "name of player 1" because thats not a string its a function.

G

Gudlain

The answer is... LOF

Thats right... I'm a rp fanatic.. and the answer is the LOF (Lands of Fate) game... well not the game... TRIGGERS... All you have to do is to download the triggers and hunt down the very very unit chating system in the game... But my advice could be to put in his name... Dload the triggers at www.dark-dragons.net... Hope that helped

G

Gudlain

dope... nm it wouldn't work... (Slaps himself) just dleat my posts
Silly me...:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.