Sleeping Issues

KiwiClint

Reaction score
Well, I'm having trouble making a unit sleep. You know, with the cute little green Z's that float around their heads...I tried a trigger with "Unit - Make unit sleep when unprovoked" but it did nothing. Like...nothing. Not even at night was there a sleeping effect! And it's not like I was attacking the unit...

Basically, I'm just curious as to what you do to make a unit sleep. Like for use in cinematics or effects. As an example, I want this level to start with a small cinematic of a peasant sleeping, then some guy comes and wakes him up. But how do I make the peasant sleep!?

Help's appreciated, of course ;)

KiwiClint

Reaction score
I know, but is there a way to just make any unit sleep? Like "Order unit to sleep"? I mean, I want to make this guy fall asleep during the day for just a cute little cutscene. And then he becomes player-controlled. Almost like you're saying "Play unit animation - sleep". I know there's no unit animation for this, so how would I go about making him sleep?

Dwarvenfrog

Reaction score
You can't make units owned by players 1-12 sleep with the order unit - sleep thing. So making him passive for a wee bit or using a dummy unit seems best.

avalya

Reaction score
You create a dummy unit, add sleep to it, order it to cast sleep on your desired unit, voila!

Archideas

Reaction score
Well, if it's only for a cutscene make the unit belong to Passive Neutral and force it to sleep. After the cutscene just change owner to the players.

KiwiClint

Reaction score
Alright, thanks all.

So for a dummy unit, would I just make some random unit with the spell sleep and use a trigger to hide him from view? I'm still relatively new at map-making and I don't know all these simple techniques xD

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
just copy and paste locust, (undead/special) and remove add sleep (your custom made ability with 0 mana cost, 5 sec. duration, 1000 cast range, etc...) and then trigger it so when an event occurs, create that dummy, order that dummy to cast sleep on the target, and then put an expiration timer on that dummy...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.