So who's hella excited for Battlefield 3?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Even though the release is roughly a year away, I'm still really pumped for this game.
BF2, BF2142, and BFBC2 were pretty much my life for a little bit. I spent an entire summer doing nothing but playing 2142 lol :p

For anyone who's following the development as closely as I am, here is a great source for news:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3

So, for all the BF fans out there, what do you guys want to see in BF3?

Should commander mode make a return? Should there be a do not revive option? How big should squads be, and should people be able to spawn on anyone? Can we have a big ass bomber to fly? Expectations for Frostbite 2.0?

Discuss.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I for one would love it if they made it so that we could choose different types of battlefields.
Some examples would be:
Modern
WW2
American Civil War
Medieval

Heck it would just be awesome if they did that^^ But then again I would be asking for to much:p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Even though the release is roughly a year away, I'm still really pumped for this game.

It said Fall 2011 :p

I'm looking forward to it even though I don't game anymore, BF2 was always fun for me. It was just too glitchy and never smooth. That's all I ask for this game, to be polished.

edit:

other problems were that people always wanted to fly the airplanes or helicopters and would just sit around in base if they weren't spawned up. not to mention teamkilling if someone other than them got the vehicle.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Here's what I think it needs:

1. All this
2. Driving ships and really big planes
3. Maps with important places and landmarks, i.e. Pentagon/White House, Saddam's Palace, Forbidden City
4. USA vs PRC vs MEC vs Russia, probably in a war for energy and resources
5. Destructibles - no more adamantium haystacks that hurt your tank when driving into them and protect infantry from tank shells; craters and traces of explosions and bullets would be nice, too

Aside from that, it looks promising. I hope the devs don't let the game stray from the franchise.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I'm semi-excited. Or I was until I heard the maps they're gonna put in. Gulf of Oman and Karkand, now I'm REALLY excited!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Even though the release is roughly a year away

that is, unless you get into the beta, which starts sometime in march or april *cough* me *cough*
:3

i can't wait for this game. its my num. 1 awaited game. i've gotten tired of BC2 after over 1500 hours played and every platinum star acquired. d2.0 should be awesomer than bc2 i hope

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ekDutunw1mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekDutunw1mk[/video]

Enjoy ;)

>>Guess what game's sounds are gonna blow my ears off?!

"But games is games!"

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Pre-ordered a week ago. Very pumped, there is leaked footage of an epic earth quake scene but its been taken down everywhere.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Fire mode changes you say?
[YOUTUBE]jPmb0F00YPE[/YOUTUBE]

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I was playing this http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/home
What is?
It has those same maps, lol, Oman and Karkand.

Anyway, I used to be interested in Battlefield. Got the pre-order, never got the game. So I lost interest. But I played around with 1 and 2 at friends' every now and then and it was pretty fun. Looks cool.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
sadly, those are the graphics on PC, they are going to have to cut down a bit for the console version because of the system holding it back

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Battlefield 3 has just set the highest possible standard of modern gaming.

Graphic standard, tyvm, but yea, the gameplay looks promising :D

I love how tanks blow up buildings. It was irritating how your tank basically stopped when hitting the edge of a haystack

Edit:
Ops, I'm repeating myself

btw,
I was playing this http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/home
What is?
It has those same maps, lol, Oman and Karkand.

Anyway, I used to be interested in Battlefield. Got the pre-order, never got the game. So I lost interest. But I played around with 1 and 2 at friends' every now and then and it was pretty fun. Looks cool.
how does the pay4free system handle?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.