some of my screen shots

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
well heres how i intend it to be on the one side (with archers) is where the archers train and on the other sied im gonna set up some dummies and place swordsmen in fron of them (maybe in attack mode) and its supposed to lead up to a giant castle/palace (which is also where u train to be paladin or cleric, and where the thief takes his trials and becomes the thief) and i was gonna place some gaurd there later just havent got to it.

you know what i think i might actually follow through and not go half ass on this map

[EDIT] demon i like that idea , with the archery thingys that would look really neat

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hehe the waterfalls was originally conans idea (think he got it from ToB :D) but the bubbles were mine, although im not sure if theyd work for a cityscape theme lol :p it looks nice, but is that a palace or a decorative wall sale? :p I cant see the whole thing so I cant pass a fair judgement, but it would be cool if you stacked them a bit lol :D and maybe you could make the statues vary a bit ---- I mean as in a slightly scaled down one at the front, regular ones in the middle, and scaled up ones in the back. heck, even give them a slightly blackish tinting :D maybe some facing the others in the far back, but scaled up a lot and holding shields :)

This has been a slightly random thought from Shadowy Fear.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
oh the field behind the archers i might put a garden back there

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Sounds neat. What actually works really nicely is if you plan out your city on a sheet of paper or in a paint document. It helps make your city a lot more organized, and saves you the time of pressing CTRL+Z (undo) a hundred times when you screw up an unplanned section.

-Demonfaze

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yeah, and planning castles and stuff on paper works pretty well. You usually don't want things to look too organized. After all, look at the time period Warcraft takes place in: not all to organized yet. But castles and stuff were always fancy and well-built, so even using graph paper to plan is a cool idea.

Alexander

Demonfaze

Reaction score
"You usually don't want to make things look too organized....use graph paper" - haha.

Just normal paper is fine, it's not like what is on the paper will be on your map. It is just to layout like "Library in this corner, barracks right above it" and things like that.

Also, castles were not really that organized (on the outside) because they didn't have cars or anything that needed a straight line. But it looks nice in Warcraft if it is organized... :D

Only unorganized cities are Undead and Orc ones cause they are "unorganized" races.

-Demonfaze

Bartuc08

Reaction score
this will just be the starting city when u venture out ull come upon smaller less organized towns/villages

DM Cross

Reaction score
Demonfaze said:
"You usually don't want to make things look too organized....use graph paper" - haha.

I said "BUT castles were a bit more organized! :p Don't make fun of me when I said something right, I say enough wrong stuff for material ;)

Alexander

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Pretty cool sounding. Will there be cities for other races? I mean like will there be like undead cities, orc cities, night elf cities (or maybe just one of each)? It's cool if there's different races the same map.

-Demonfaze

DM Cross

Reaction score
Or camps.

Not all races really build "cities", like can you honestly image an Orc grocery shop? They build more along the lines of camps, and each person more or less has to hunt for his own dinner, or something like that. For Night Elves, I'm not too sure...Night Elf society seems a little odd to me, and I don't really get it. They seem to naturistic to build much of anything, they seem like the "ranger" type. Undead is just flat out hard, as they strike me as being too "dictator" run for a town, or a village...They'd have an empire.

Just a few thoughts

Alexander

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Cities, camps, empire, same thing: Group of buildings inhabited by units :p

You can go to wc3campaigns.com to find tons of awesome orc CAMPS, night elf villages, and undead EMPIRES. :D

I made a large orc camp for a terrain contest but lost it in a hard drive crash. I still have the knowledge of creating a nice orc camp so if you need some help just ask.

-Demonfaze

Bartuc08

Reaction score
well im gonna have the beggining so u choose rac, gender, then alighnment all players will start in the main city(its a city that allows all races) and theyre will probably be other cities, they wont follow normal orc/human/elf/undead basics, seeing as im gonn let the player choose about anyrace that i think would be interesting (humans/elves/drow/halfelfs/halflings/kobolds/goblins/orcs/halforcs/dwarvesgiants(maybe)/gnomes(maybe)

and ill plan on making at least 1 city/village/camp/town for each race, and for the drow i was gonna work out a trigger that decreases all theyre stats by 50% when its day time and theyre not underground

each race gets a unique ability that only theyre race has, then each unit will get a special ability from the guild, then theyres class abilities

along with each race getting unique spells/stats they will also be limited to certain guilds

for example a pplayer 1 wants to become a palidan
he chooses human, good, male (or female)
that race and alighnment can become a palidan
player 1 can join the palidans guild

player 2 wants to become a paladin to
he chooses kobold, evil, female (or male)
that race and alighnment CAN NOT become a palidan
player 2 CAN'T join the paladins guild

DM Cross

Reaction score
I can lend my services :)

I make a fairly good spooky terrain.

Wanna see? :D

This is a little map I whipped up for someone else, too...If you want a laugh, play it, lol! :D

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
Is it conan? 1000 points for me! I GOT IT RIGHT 1000 points for me, I demand my points at once Alexander.

BrokenX

DM Cross

Reaction score
Is what Conan? What are you talking about?

Alexander
Confused to all hell right now!

Bartuc08

Reaction score
im confused to...

Bartuc08

Reaction score
so far this is my favorite screen shot, i know alot of things are missing (like the fighters guild *cough* and alot of stuff in the back ground)

MainGate.jpg

DM Cross

Reaction score
Wow, I like it! :D Are all those houses on the right for the warriors? ...What's the word...Bunkers, or something? :p

Cool, good work!

Alexander

Bartuc08

Reaction score
the houses on the right is the residential part i put it sorta clumped together, the house outside the gate is uppoesed to be a gaurd house kinda thing, oh yea and inbetween all them houses is the theifs guild its hidden in an alley way (very sneaky...)

Bartuc08

Reaction score
the houses look much better from the exact opposite angel but on a lower height scale, and i added 2 little kids in the one fenced off yard,

[EDIT] before i add more to the city im gonna go eat, then finoish some of the project i already started (palace, finish wall(u cant see the unfisnished parts int hat pic) create a fighters guild finish theifs guild)

btw where is the mercanery camp located on the editor?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.