[Spell]: An AoE mana-suck, need trigger help.

Expelliarmus

Where to change the sig?
Reaction score
JASS:
//function Mana Bomb takes nothing returns integer // functions can not have spaces
function Mana_Bomb takes nothing returns integer 
    //return 'A093:AHtc' 
    return 'AHtc' // Raw Codes are 4 characters
endfunction

function AoE takes nothing returns integer
    return 900 
endfunction

function spellevel takes integer lvl returns integer 
    return lvl * -200 
endfunction

function UnitFilter takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetUnitState(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE) <= 0 and IsUnitAlly(GetFilterUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))
endfunction

function Absorb takes nothing returns integer
    local integer level
    set level = GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(),Mana_Bomb()) // Mana_Bomb was SpellID
    call SetUnitState(GetEnumUnit(),UNIT_STATE_MANA, spellevel(level))
    return spellevel(level)
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Drain_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit caster
    local group g
    set g = CreateGroup()
    set caster = GetTriggerUnit()
    call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g,GetUnitX(caster),GetUnitY(caster), AoE(), Condition(function UnitFilter))
    call ForGroup(g, function Absorb)
    call SetUnitState(caster,UNIT_STATE_MANA, Absorb()*-1)
    call DestroyGroup(g)
    set caster = null
    set g = null
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Drain_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() == Mana_Bomb()
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Mana_Drain takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Mana_Drain = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Mana_Drain, function Trig_Mana_Drain_Actions )
    call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Mana_Drain, Condition(function Trig_Mana_Drain_Conditions))
endfunction

- No event
- SetUnitState problem?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Alright, I added that.. Still no mana draining effect.. I'm not concerned about it being asborbed to him yet, because it should only be absorbing in the first place, if he's taking any.

I really appreciate your consistency on this matter.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Do you have more than a hunch to solve it? Can you tell me where the flaw is? What should I change, where, and with what?

No real rush, as to theres no deadline when this ability needs to be finished. :)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Wow, I've never had to wait this long before--not complaining, just caught me off guard.

Any ideas yet?

........ In other words--bump.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well its GUI but i think it will work:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to AoESiphonMana
    Actions
        Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set TempGroup = (Units within 900.00 of TempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Mana of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + (Mana of (Picked unit)))
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))))))
                Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit)) - (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))))))
        Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
        Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
I don't doubt your prowess, and I'll certainly use this code if you can assure me this: Will it absorb mana based on how many enemies there are? I don't want it just to be an AoE mana burn, and a mana pot for the caster, with a set number--I need it to vary. If we can't get it made, I'll think of a different ability, it's not a huge deal.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
You mean that the ability will drain an equal amount of mana from every unit in range, and then give it to the hero, but maximum total mana drained from everyone must not exceed 200 mana?
like for example, two units are in range when the ability is cast, 100 mana is drained from each and given to the hero, next time when the ability is cast, four enemies are in range, 50 mana are drained from each and given to the hero and so on?

BarzahdX

Reaction score
You mean that the ability will drain an equal amount of mana from every unit in range, and then give it to the hero, but maximum total mana drained from everyone must not exceed 200 mana?
like for example, two units are in range when the ability is cast, 100 mana is drained from each and given to the hero, next time when the ability is cast, four enemies are in range, 50 mana are drained from each and given to the hero and so on?

No. Perhaps an example would be better, I've never been good at explaining things.
You run up to two enemies, your Mana Bomb is level one(it drains 200 mana from each unit). You use Mana Bomb, it takes away 200 mana from each of the units hit, and then the caster gains 400(200 from each unit) mana.

You run up to 5 enemies, your Mana Bomb is level one. You use Mana Bomb, it takes away 200 mana from each of the units hit, and then the caster gains 1000(200 from each unit) mana.

You run up to 10 enemies, your Mana Bomb is level 3(it drains 600 mana from each unit). You use Mana Bomb, it takes away 600 mana from each of the units hit. Then the caster gains 6,000(600 from each unit hit[10 units]) mana.

You run up to 0 enemies. Your Mana Bomb is level 2(level deosn't really matter here). You use Mana Bomb, there are no units around, so no one had their mana drained. The caster gains 0 mana because no mana was burned.

Hope that explains it well enough.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Then would this work? (writing from memory as usual, since I dont got World Edit on this computer)

Code:
Events
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
ability being cast equal to AoE mana drain
Actions
Set Caster_pos = Position of (casting unit)
set Manasuck_targets = units in 900 range of Caster_pos matching (matching unit belongs to an enemy of (owner of triggering unit)
Pick every unit in Manasuck_targets and do Actions
   loop (actions)
    If conditions then actions else actions
      if
         Mana of picked unit Greater than or equal to (200x(Real(Level of Ability being cast for Triggering unit))      [COLOR="Red"](check if the target units have enough mana to drain)[/COLOR]
      then
         set mana of picked unit to (mana of picked unit - (200x(Real(Level of Ability being cast for Triggering unit))    [COLOR="Red"] (drain their mana)[/COLOR]
         set mana of Triggering unit to (mana of Triggering unit + (200x(Real(Level of Ability being cast for Triggering unit))     [COLOR="Red"](give mana to the caster)[/COLOR]
      else

custom script: CLEAN UP ZE LEAKS

Hope this helped ;)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
To Accname: I haven't tried it yet, I was just making sure it did what I wanted it to do--was asking if you could assure me that.

To Marsmallos: No, that wouldn't work, because it's a static mana gain--the burning part is fine, I just want the mana gained, absorbed, to vary based on how much mana was drained total.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
ooooooh I see I think I hope! I was actually considering it when writing the previous trigger...

Code:
Events
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
ability being cast equal to AoE mana drain
Actions
Set Caster_pos = Position of (casting unit)
set Manasuck_targets = units in 900 range of Caster_pos matching (matching unit belongs to an enemy of (owner of triggering unit)
Pick every unit in Manasuck_targets and do Actions
   loop (actions)
    [COLOR="Blue"]set [COLOR="Blue"]ManaRealVariable[/COLOR] = mana of picked unit[/COLOR]
     If conditions then actions else actions
      if
         Mana of picked unit Greater than or equal to (200x(Real(Level of Ability being cast for Triggering unit))      (check if the target units have enough mana to drain)
      then
         set mana of picked unit to (mana of picked unit - (200x(Real(Level of Ability being cast for Triggering unit))     (drain their mana)
         set mana of Triggering unit to (mana of Triggering unit + (200x(Real(Level of Ability being cast for Triggering unit))     (give mana to the caster)
      else
         [COLOR="Blue"]set mana of picked unit to 0
         set mana of Triggering unit to (mana of Triggering unit + ManaRealVariable)[/COLOR]

custom script: CLEAN UP ZE LEAKS

Ex at level 1

If the picked units mana is greater than 200 then 200 mana will be subtracted and 200 mana will be added to the caster
else, if the picked units mana is less than 200, for example 63, its mana will be set to 0 and 63 mana will be added to the archon, through the ManaRealVariable that is set in the beginning of the loop.

I am verry tired now so I dont explain very well and maybe I misunderstood you once again but I hope this was what you was looking for :)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
That's very close! Now as it says it gives the caster 200 mana.. Is that for each unit that loses 200(63 also, in your example) mana? Or will he always gain 200 mana, even if there are 50 people within 900 radius? I'm not saying it won't work--I'm asking you if it will.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
If there are 10 units in range, 9 with above 200 mana and one with 63 mana, then it will (*should*) drain a total of (9x200)+63=1863 mana and give it to the caster.

Since I got a
Pick every unit in Manasuck_targets and do actions
loop actions

it will do the actions listed below for EVERY unit in Manasuck_targets

So unless my tired brain misunderstood you or my make-triggers-without-WorldEdit-skills are failing, then, yes it should work =)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
AWESOME! I greatly anticipate testing this out. :)

Now for the custom scripts, isn't it something like "Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Caster_pos)" for your trigger?

BarzahdX

Reaction score
SUCCESS!!! MUAHAHAHA!! Thank you SOO much everybody! Clearly this was a pretty tricky one.. I'll post the triggers for reference. Spell Id: Mana_Drain. Trigger name: Mana Drain.

GUI trigger that worked.
Code:
Mana Bomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana_Drain 
    Actions
        Set Archon_Position = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Set Mana_Bomb_Targets = (Units within 900.00 of Archon_Position matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Mana_Bomb_Targets and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Mana_Bomb_Target_Mana = (Mana of (Picked unit))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Mana of (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit)) - (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))))))
                        Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))))))
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to 0.00
                        Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + Mana_Bomb_Target_Mana)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Archon_Position)
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Mana_Bomb_Targets)

JASS that didn't work.
JASS:
function Mana_Drain takes nothing returns integer
    return 'AHtc'
endfunction

function AoE takes nothing returns integer
    return 900 
endfunction

function spellevel takes integer lvl returns integer
    return lvl * -200 
endfunction

function UnitFilter takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetUnitState(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE) <= 0 and IsUnitAlly(GetFilterUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))
endfunction

function Absorb takes nothing returns integer
    local integer level
    set level = GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(),Mana_Drain())
    call SetUnitState(GetEnumUnit(),UNIT_STATE_MANA, spellevel(level))
    return spellevel(level)
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Drain_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit caster
    local group g
    set g = CreateGroup()
    set caster = GetTriggerUnit()
    call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g,GetUnitX(caster),GetUnitY(caster), AoE(), Condition(function UnitFilter))
    call ForGroup(g, function Absorb)
    call SetUnitState(caster,UNIT_STATE_MANA, Absorb()*-1)
    call DestroyGroup(g)
    set caster = null
    set g = null
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Drain_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() == Mana_Drain()
endfunction

function InitTrig_Mana_Drain takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Mana_Drain = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(gg_trg_Mana_Drain, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Mana_Drain, function Trig_Mana_Drain_Actions )
    call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Mana_Drain, Condition(function Trig_Mana_Drain_Conditions))
endfunction

GUI Trigger that worked, converted into JASS.
JASS:
function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A093' ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Func002002003 takes nothing returns boolean
    return ( IsUnitEnemy(GetFilterUnit(), GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) == true )
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Func003Func002C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetEnumUnit()) >= ( 200.00 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped(GetSpellAbilityId(), GetTriggerUnit())) ) ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Func003A takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_Mana_Bomb_Target_Mana = GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetEnumUnit())
    if ( Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Func003Func002C() ) then
        call SetUnitManaBJ( GetEnumUnit(), ( GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetEnumUnit()) - ( 200.00 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped(GetSpellAbilityId(), GetTriggerUnit())) ) ) )
        call SetUnitManaBJ( GetTriggerUnit(), ( GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetTriggerUnit()) + ( 200.00 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped(GetSpellAbilityId(), GetTriggerUnit())) ) ) )
    else
        call SetUnitManaBJ( GetEnumUnit(), 0.00 )
        call SetUnitManaBJ( GetTriggerUnit(), ( GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetTriggerUnit()) + udg_Mana_Bomb_Target_Mana ) )
        call RemoveLocation (udg_Archon_Position)
        call DestroyGroup (udg_Mana_Bomb_Targets)
    endif
endfunction

function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_Archon_Position = GetUnitLoc(GetSpellAbilityUnit())
    set udg_Mana_Bomb_Targets = GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(900.00, udg_Archon_Position, Condition(function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Func002002003))
    call ForGroupBJ( udg_Mana_Bomb_Targets, function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Func003A )
endfunction

function InitTrig_Mana_Bomb_Jass takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Mana_Bomb_Jass = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Mana_Bomb_Jass, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Mana_Bomb_Jass, Condition( function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Mana_Bomb_Jass, function Trig_Mana_Bomb_Jass_Actions )
endfunction

Perhaps these could be used for reference or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.