Spell help...

Happy

Reaction score
hey guys...

i really have a problem with a spell i wanna make...

the spell shall work like this :
when started a little water ball lvl 1 appears in front of the hero. after 5 seconds of channeling it shall be replaced with a water ball lvl 2. again after 5 seconds the water ball lvl 2 shall be replaced with a water ball lvl 3....and so on up to lvl 7. the problem i have is i cant figure out how to make it if the hero is channeling the ball is replaced with another if the certain time is reached.

so the ball lvl 1 is created like it should but its not replaced. i set casting time to 30 seconds and the hero casts but after 5 seconds nothing happens...could you tell me which actions i have to use and how to set it that after 5 seconds the ball is replaced with the next lvl ball. and for sure what time i have to change to make the hero "channel".^^

thanks in advance

greetz happy

madd_999

Reaction score
what spell do you use to base it off? and what triggers do you already have for your spell??

I would say, at the moment he starts casting,
create the ball of water using
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create ...

then get a timer running that resets every 5 seconds, and every time your hero is still casting the spell, let it replace the water ball..

Happy

Reaction score
my problem is NOT how to create units or setting timers....
im not that stupid...:(

my problem is setting the start of the spell casting (with cast time) then checking every 5 seconds whether the hero is still casting and checking whether the hero stops casting before casting time ends.

madd_999

Reaction score
aah oke, then I misread your first post.

give your caster a buff when he starts channelling, and remove it when he stops.

Trigger:
  • start casting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Create water ball
    • Actions
      • Set water_caster = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create water ball(level1) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set water_ball = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add channel buff placer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Armor (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Trigger:
  • create ball
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (water_caster has buff channeling) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of water_ball) Equal to water ball(level1)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace water_ball with a water ball(level2) using The new unit's max life and mana
          • Set water_ball = (Last replaced unit)
        • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • stops casting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff channeling) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove channeling buff from (Triggering unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.