Spell Maker

AdventCore

Reaction score
I could try and make it, but can't make any promises :D.

I don't know how much of the spell you already got? Do you just need the Dummy unit casting "miss" ? Or what? :)

Well, I have pretty much the whole spell done but I guess I didn't make it clear enough to the person who first did it for me because it's an autocast ability based off curse. The triggers are relatively done with the damage etc done but you may need to edit some parts in the trigger to achieve what I need.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Ah, I see.

So "Left Jab" is an ability you can right-click so it auto-casts, but with a 30 sec cooldown? Abit confusing that it's auto cast with such a long CD :), might as well be a use ability if you ask me hehe. Well okay, shouldn't change thing much I think.

Would it be possible for you to send me your current map? I could see if it's possible for me to fix it up. Atleast take a look at it :)

AdventCore

Reaction score
Ah, I see.

So "Left Jab" is an ability you can right-click so it auto-casts, but with a 30 sec cooldown? Abit confusing that it's auto cast with such a long CD :), might as well be a use ability if you ask me hehe. Well okay, shouldn't change thing much I think.

Would it be possible for you to send me your current map? I could see if it's possible for me to fix it up. Atleast take a look at it :)

Ok this is hard to explain. *Sigh* It is not an autocast ability it is just a normal single click ability. No auto-cast whatsoever that is waht the problem is with it. This is the details of what the spell should do at each level.

Left Jab - Castgar has a powerful Left Jab that disorientates any enemy hit by it. [Active Ability]

Code:
[Level 1] - 12% chance for opponent to miss. Knockbacks 250 distance. Deals 2.0 * agility in damage. 200 Mana. 30 Sec Cooldown.
[Level 2] - 17% chance for opponent to miss. Knockbacks 250 distance. Deals 2.2 * agility in damage. 190 Mana. 25 Sec Cooldown.
[Level 3] - 22% chance for opponent to miss. Knockbacks 250 distance. Deals 2.4 * agility in damage. 180 Mana. 20 Sec Cooldown.
[Level 4] - 27% chance for opponent to miss. Knockbacks 250 distance. Deals 2.6 * agility in damage. 170 Mana. 15 Sec Cooldown.

Also, there's no point in putting the actual map up that I'm Working on because the spell is not in it. I had the spell made on a separate map while the terrain was being made. So I'll just upload it for you now with the current spell and a few of his other spells that don't seem to work exactly how I want them to.

Oh and in this map, the ability has 5 levels because that is what I initally wanted but I changed my mind and decided that it would only have 4 levels.

Attachments

• Castigar.w3x
    28.7 KB · Views: 145

lindenkron

Reaction score
Also, there's no point in putting the actual map up that I'm Working on because the spell is not in it. I had the spell made on a separate map while the terrain was being made. So I'll just upload it for you now with the current spell and a few of his other spells that don't seem to work exactly how I want them to.

That's what I requested :)

I'll look at it hehe.

AdventCore

Reaction score
I don't see why I can't just use curse. What's so special about Drunken Haze? Plus, doesn't that lower movement speed also?

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Curse is auto-castable, and if it is auto-casted, it won't be registered in the event and hence just waste mana. You can set DH's movement speed reduction to 0.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Well, this is really simple mate. Follow the instructions I wrote below here, and don't hesitate to ask if there's something you don't understand.

Now, I didn't do all the dirty work for you, but I made the level one work as it's suppose to, and with the following instructions you should be able to finish the spell so it becomes nice and pretty:

1. Create a new spell based off Channel called Right Jab.
  2. Add the mana costs to the spell and the range you want the spell to be castable at. Also, check the box under "Data - Options" called Visible.
  3. Go to your triggers in the attached map and look what I did on the first level of "Right Jab" with the expire unit. It adds the miss debuff.
  4. Remove your current spell, "Curse" or what ever it is based off, and replace it with the Channel you just made
  5. Repeat what I did to level 1, on all of the levels of the spell in the triggers.
  6. You should have yourself a nice Right jab spell now :)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Let me break in down

At first I think what he wanted was the unit when he cast the ability, he gets the buff called Left jab , any unit hit by him will get knockedbacked 250 distance and have a x chance to miss and deal ??* agility damage

I don't think what you do is correct though.

lindenkron

Reaction score
That's not what I got from him.

What I got was; Hero(Our hero) Right Jabs the other Hero(The enemy) and because the hit is so hard, he flys backwards, takes damage and is disorientated (he got hit hard) so he has a chance to miss now.

:)

Edit;
AdventCore havn't responded yet, so I'm guessing he is making the spell as we speak. Lets hope it is what he wanted :)

istar

Reaction score
i suggested drunken haze which does exactly what you want, cause targets to miss
then you replied
""I don't see how that would work. I want ti so that it misses EVERYONE not just the caster."
it does exactly that, its you who argue further and confused me, curse and haze by default already does what you said...

DiFm

Reaction score
Alright then it's just it shouldn't take 3 days to do one spell and if it's going to be like this with every spell, don't worry about it.

I dunno if anyone said this coz i didn't bother watching the whole thread but what kind of grattitude is that?... It's not like he is paid to do it he uses some of his free time to MAKE something FOR YOU.

AdventCore

Reaction score
I'm far from sure this is MUI (Can anyone confirm?)

--> **I was bored :D**
Thank you. It works perfectly. I've edited it a bit and added in the other levels. I tried making with the channel and it completely failed. When I cast it ti would pause the unit and keep making that "void" sound and effect. This works great. Credits for you :)

lindenkron

Reaction score
Thank you. It works perfectly. I've edited it a bit and added in the other levels. I tried making with the channel and it completely failed. When I cast it ti would pause the unit and keep making that "void" sound and effect. This works great. Credits for you :)

I'm glad mate :).

Now, help me get a save/load system!

Ps: You forgot to rep! :D

lindenkron

Reaction score
+REP :D Tbh, any save/load system that is different to the one in the Final Fantasy Epic RPG is good.

Well, would like a "simple" but "strong" one.

Need to bind the user name to a score, but not allowing the score to be switchable. Meaning, you can't just change the letters and you get a different score :)

AdventCore

Reaction score
Well, would like a "simple" but "strong" one.

Need to bind the user name to a score, but not allowing the score to be switchable. Meaning, you can't just change the letters and you get a different score :)

Yeah that was a problem in FF Epic. You could also go into single player and put cheats etc on and get the best items possible and the code would work in multiplayer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.