Stackable Lifesteal?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey I'd like to make a stackable lifesteal item with like 4% lifesteal that allows you to get more items and increase the amount of lifesteal you have. How can I do this?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Make your own custom life steal. Use a buff placer (eg: Envenomed Spears) to detect your attacks. So basically, use a damage detection. Check if the damaged unit has the buff. If it does, remove the buff and add life to your damage source. When adding life, check how many "Item" you have. Add to life the amount ( Damage * ( 0.04 * Item ) ).

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That sounds like it would work but I was just thinking. Couldn't I just use the Dreadlord's Life Steal aura with range of 0? And change it to an item ability instead?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You could. However, if you get multiple items with the same life steal aura, they won't stack. Vampiric Aura only stacks if you give it a different buff. Life Steal and Vampiric Aura stacks though.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Well maybe the question to ask is why can't it stack initially? Is it just the fact that the item is classified as an "Artifact" that makes the Mask of Death lifesteal item not stack?

My main problem is not knowing how to check if it's stacking or not.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Life Steal cannot stack as they are "Orb Effects". An orb effect will not stack with another orb effect. Same goes for buff placers. A buff placers cannot stack with a buff placer. Orb effects however, can stack with a buff placer. In your case, Life Steal is a orb effect. So multiple life steal won't stack. However, Vampiric Aura isn't an orb effect nor a buff placer. Thus, Vampiric Aura can stack, as long as they have different buffs.

Examples of Orb Effects: Feedback (passive mana burn), Corruption (reduce armor on attack for a duration), Life Steal

Examples of Buff Placers: Poison (passive attack type), Orb of Frost (for ranged heroes only)

Examples of Both Combined: Corruption (reduce armor on attack for a duration), Orb of Frost (for melee heroes only)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting I'm learning a lot thanks for your help. +rep for that.

Maybe it'll just be easier to make a recipe that will produce a higher level life steal item when two are held at the same time or something.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well, here's a trigger for your stack-able life steal. In this case, it's a buff placer. Firstly, base the life steal on the skill "Envenomed Spears". Change this to an item ability and remove all tech tree requirements. On the "Buff" section of the spell, create 2 new buffs based on the same buff type. I'll name the two as "Buff Placer (Non-stacking)" and "Buff Placer (Stacking)". Remember to set the damage per second as 0.00. The duration doesn't matter. Secondly, get the GDD Snippet by Weep. Thirdly, implement this trigger. For this trigger, you'll need 3 variables.

TempReal - Real Variable
TempInt - Integer Variable
ItemType - Item-Type Variable

Trigger:
  • Life Steal
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Buff Placer (Non-stacking)) Equal to True
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Buff Placer (Stacking)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set TempInt = 0
      • Set ItemType = Mask of Death
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (GDD_DamageSource has an item of type ItemType) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempInt = (TempInt + 1)
            • Else - Actions
      • Set TempReal = (GDD_Damage x (0.04 x (Real(TempInt))))
      • Unit - Set life of GDD_DamageSource to ((Life of GDD_DamageSource) + TempReal)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of GDD_DamageSource using Abilities\Spells\Undead\VampiricAura\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Remove Buff Placer (Non-stacking) buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Unit - Remove Buff Placer (Stacking) buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Let me explain a bit further. ItemType is just set to your item which gives life steal. The loop checks for the same type of item in your inventory. If there is, TempInt is set as TempInt + 1. Thus, if you have 4 ItemType, your TempInt would be 4. Then, it heals the attacker's life by damage done multiplied by ( 0.04 * TempInt). Thus, if you have 4 ItemType, your life steal rate would be 16%. Hope this helps you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.