Targeting Ancients

rodge_002

Reaction score
I am made a skill that instantly kills an enemy, but I don't want it to target enemies that are too powerful. I decided to make them Ancients (Is that only on DotA though?).

How do you do it?

Dragoon_Jett

Reaction score
There are a number of ways you could do this. I think this is what you were thinking of-
1)In the Object Editor there are 'classifications' you can set the units that can be targeted by your spell the Ancient classification while your super units do not have this.
2) Trigger
Trigger:
  • SupraBoom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Doom
    • Actions
      • If ((Custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to 7432) then do (Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop) else do (Do nothing)

With this you would have to set the Custom Value of each unit to a certain number.

2.5)
Trigger:
  • SupraBoom2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Doom
    • Actions
      • If ((Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Black Dragon) then do (Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop) else do (Do nothing)

With this you would need a new If Then Else for each unit you don't want targeted.
That is all I can think of right now, certain abilities like Charm and Devour have a check built into the ability..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.