Targets allowed - table of explanations wanted!

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Hey all,

Where can I find a table with explanations of the different 'targets allowed' values?

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Hm, I'm not sure, but I could try my best to explain them to you.

Air - Flying units. Flying units can be classified as 'ground' if you want but almost all of them are classified as 'air' by default.

Alive - Any unit that is still alive; has more than 0 health. Units that are not alive are seen as dead corpses on the ground which cannot be selected but still targeted by certain spells like Raise Dead.

Allied - Any unit that is owned by a player that is on the same team as you, not including your own units.

Ancient - Ancients are Night Elf structures. Night Elf structures are also targeted as Structures.

Bridge - Bridges are... well, bridges. They are found under the doodad palette, under the Bridges/Ramps section. Bridges can be walked on by units, making them useful for granting passage over a deep river or small canyon in your map. When they are dead they cannot be walked on, but can be repaired through triggers or certain abilities such as "Repair".

Dead - A dead unit. Dead units are unselectable corpses on the ground that can be targeted by certain abilities like Raise Dead. Some units, such as flying units or heroes, do not produce corpses. For each unit in the object editor, in the "Combat - Death Type" field, you can choose wether unit's corpses can be raised, and if they will decay. Keep in mind that if you have a lot of corpses laying around that won't decay, it is subject to cause lag.

Debris - Debris are certain destructibles, like the "Crates" doodad.

Decoration - I'm really not sure what this one is, but if I could guess, I would say certain destructibles or doodads.

Enemy - Any unit owned by a player that is an enemy towards you.

Friend - Any unit owned by a player that is an ally, including your own units.

Ground - Units on the ground that are not in the air and do not fly.

Hero - Any hero, a special unit that gains levels and becomes more powerful, usually recognizable with a glow of sorts, and a large noticable icon on the minimap.

Invulnerable - A unit that is invulnerable, like a neutral shop for example, or a unit under a Divine Shield.

Item - An Item dropped by creeps or sold at stores. Can only target items that are dropped and not in an inventory.

Mechanical - A unit hat is generally machine-like. Like any seige weaponry or the Human race's Flying Machines. These units usually dont regenerate health on their own like normal units, but can be repaired by worker units.

Neutral - Any unit owned by neutral passive. Like critters or villagers for example.

Non-Ancient - Any unit that is not a Night Elven structure, or any unit that is not classified as an Ancient.

Non-Hero - Any unit that is not a Hero. An example of a spell that uses this is Charm, because taking control of a hero would just plain be cheap.

Suicidal - Not really sure about this one, I guess the Goblin Sappers are classified as a Suicidal Unit.

None - Your unit or spell will not be able to target anything.

Not Self - Any unit other than the source of the spell/damage. Example of what uses this is the Cannon Tower's splash damage.

Organic - A living unit; not classified as mechanical or structure.

Player Unit - Only your units, no allied units or enemies, just units owned by you.

Self - Only the caster/source of damage can be targeted.

Structure - Only buildings can be targeted, immobile large units with fortified armor, easy to identify.

Suicidal Again, not sure on this one, only Goblin Sappers comes to mind.

Terrain - Doodads like the cliffs or cave outlets. Found under the Doodad Palette under the Cliff/Terrain section.

Tree - Destructibles that are trees, self explanitory.

Vulnerable - Any unit that is not invulnerable can be targeted.

Wall - Very unsure about this one, guessing some sort of doodad, or maybe cliff walls done in the terrain palette.

Ward - Wards summoned by units. Examples are Healing Ward, Sentry Ward, Serphent Ward, ect.

All - If you want something to be able to target anything and everything, then leave all fields unchecked, or all of them checked.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Whoa! Thanks!
"Enemy - ***Any*** unit owned by a player that is an enemy towards you."
That was the thing that I found most confusing - did 'Enemy' mean enemies matching the remaining conditions or ALL enemies. Nice to get this settled :)
I'll probably use this list a couple of times untill I get to remember most of it... Thanks again!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.