Teleporting to the back of an enemy

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am creating a teleporting spell to the back of a target. However, I really aren't good with math and the like, so I'd like to ask how do you teleport a person to the back (behind) of a target?

Also, can you change the name of Neutral Passives, Neutral Hostiles, etc so that they show up in game (much like how your player name shows up) ?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use the math formula:

((Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 180.00)

So, in the end, you'll be using the action "Unit - Move unit (instantly)" and the destination point as "Polar projection".

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Let me confirm.

Set Location = [Position of Target Unit Being Cast] offset by [(Facing of Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) - 180] towards [0.00] degrees.

Right? If so, it doesnt work.

EDIT: Ahhh I figured it out...it should be towards 90 degrees...Thanks alot anyway dax =)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Set Location = [Position of Target Unit Being Cast] offset by [(Facing of Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) - 180] towards [0.00] degrees.

I would be quite surprised if that worked even with 90 degrees.

"offset by" determines the distance. "towards" determines the angle. Therefore, you should come up with:

Set Location = [Position of Target unit of ability Being Cast] offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) - 180.00) degrees.

If that lands you too far or close behind change the "100.00" value for something else between 25.00 and 200.00

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yeah you're right. Ended up buggy when I tested it on a stationary target. Guess I got lucky.

Thanks! +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.