System Terrain Generator

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I removed the waits (In case someone wants to make that terrain generator instant) and it didn't create the destructibles.

NO!!! :p

No, you can't do that. The triggers hit the execution limit if you remove the waits. Unfortunately, they MUST be there for it to work.

But, it's not THAT bad, is it? :(

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh :(

Well well well.

You might want to use a repeating timer then, for it to be really fast, but not instant (Say every 0.01 seconds).

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I do that? Don't I have to have a callback code function, which would start the trigger over?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are using Global variables no? ;)

A code callback is simply another function that runs every time the timer expires (In that case, every 0.01 seconds).

You can refer to the timer with GetExpiredTimer().

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
What!??

Now I'm more confused. If I called the generation functions every 0.01 second, wouldn't that start them over every time and put them in and endless loop? There's something here I'm not getting.... Why would I need to refer to the timer?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't refer to it if you don't need too, since you are using global variables.

It wouldn't be an endless loop since you could wait, say, 5 seconds, then pause the timer.

> Why would I need to refer to the timer?

It was only in the case you needed to "get" some attached variables through the Handle Vars and stuff ;)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> It was only in the case you needed to "get" some attached variables through the Handle Vars and stuff

Ugh. I don't know how to do all of that high power JASS. I'd rather wait that small time it takes to generate the terrain. :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the point here; since you are using global variables, you don't need to do all that stuff :p

Just start a timer, which expires every 0.01 seconds, and call a function with it.

Then, in that function do exactly what you're doing inside the loops you currently have.

And it's done!

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha. Now I think I get it. I'll see what I can do.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Just in case for lazy people *cough* *cough*, you should post the JASS code as well. :D

I'll look at the map anyways, but ya know... :rolleyes:

Alright, remove the "elses" for the terrain generator trigger.. They are not needed. I said that, no? :confused:

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Ok I have a question...if you run this trigger at map initialization won't it show the terrain in the mini-map?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> if you run this trigger at map initialization won't it show the terrain in the mini-map?

No idea. I doubt it, though.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
> if you run this trigger at map initialization won't it show the terrain in the mini-map?

No idea. I doubt it, though.

You can always test it >.<

Why don't you try it and see..lol

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Are you still going to update your code? Remove the elses...

I'll edit this post with more comments on the code. :D

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
You know Ghan if you want I can remake this whole thing JASS for you..

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
First off, great system.

I am trying to give it a "after rain" effect(meaning, rain puddles everywhere). I made it so it's base hight field was shallow water. Then I raised it a tiny bit above the water level(I made it one square change, raised it one by one until on the minimap it said it was above).
So, after the trigger runs, it doesn't seem to give the effect I wanted. It just makes a hole into where water should be.. Is there anyway to make it so the water comes?

Also, it "randomed" me the same thing three times. So in words of advice, I suggest to use a random Seed, giving you more possible randoms.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Is there anyway to make it so the water comes?

Honestly, I don't know how that works. I have no idea how to get what you want.

> Also, it "randomed" me the same thing three times.

That seems impossible. Were you using the Fixed Random Seed?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I just got to watch the video because even though I was there I was trying to work out tech problems with the chat since I was the social media guy so I was distracted but check it out guys the video is super fucking great!
    +1
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.