The Spell Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Spell Name: Hailstorm
Spell Description: Attacks an area of the ground with falling hails that causes damages to nearby units. Units in the region will be frozen, and they will receive damage over time. A great attack.
Level Required: 10
Damage: 50 x Intelligence
Aoe: 30 x hero Level
Buffs: Blizzard

Can this be done?!
Someone actually made a spell very similar to this one, in this spellpack.

I don't really want to make a repeat of it, if you just dl that one.

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Someone actually made a spell very similar to this one, in this spellpack.

I don't really want to make a repeat of it, if you just dl that one.

well.. could you give me the link for the spellpack? there wasn't one in this thread :(

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Added one to my previous post.

Well.. Please (i really mean PLEASE) give me the link for your previous post containing the spell that is similar to hailstorm. I need it urgently to continue my map.

EDIT: Okay.. saw it.. sry =.="

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
I have made the trigger for turok255's Steal ability, as a whole map containing one tiny spell was not worth uploading:

Code:
Steal
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Steal 
    Actions
        Set S_amount = ((Real((Level of Steal  for (Triggering unit)))) x 0.15)
        Player - Add (((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Current gold) x (Integer(S_amount))) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
        Player - Set (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Current gold to (((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Current gold) - (((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Current gold) x (Integer(S_amount))))

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
it seems ive made my own spirit link aura spell, so i though id post it here for people to see how

Code:
Spirit Link Aura
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is An Ancient) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is An Ancient) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove classification of An Ancient from (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of Paladin 0028 <gen>)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of Paladin 0028 <gen>)) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Add classification of An Ancient to (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Paladin 0028 <gen>) at (Position of Paladin 0028 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 0.20 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Spirit Link Aura (castabledummy)  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Spirit Walker - Spirit Link (Picked unit)

N

nwkegan

Hi! First off I'd like to tell you that it's very nice of you to make this thread : ). Now, for my request, if you would have time for it. I just want a spell that will slowly pull a unit in and then kinda shotgun it away. Range 800. It should be just like a dota spell, it has 4 levels. the first level has 500 range, second 600, third 700, fouth 800. It does 75/150/225/300 damage when it throws the unit away. Basically it could be like siphon life animation and its pulling the unit slowly in. then once it reaches the hero, it gets thrown 600/700/800/1000 in whatever direction it was pulled from. if this is too complicated i understand (not doubting your skills, but its kind of an odd request, hopefully it wont take too much fo your time, if you dont have time I understand : ) )

Uhm, as for gui and jass? I prefer gui so i can learn from it but whatever is easier for you : )

EDIT: Descrip doesnt matter i think i can change that, name should be Shadow Link. thanks a bunch!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Slapshot, you need to put in a Custom Script line before both of those unit group functions containing: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true

That prevents 2 of the few leaks your trigger contains, by destroying the groups.

You could also remove the "Do Nothing" actions from the "Else Actions", as it does nothing ;).

Hi! First off I'd like to tell you that it's very nice of you to make this thread : ). Now, for my request, if you would have time for it. I just want a spell that will slowly pull a unit in and then kinda shotgun it away. Range 800. It should be just like a dota spell, it has 4 levels. the first level has 500 range, second 600, third 700, fouth 800. It does 75/150/225/300 damage when it throws the unit away. Basically it could be like siphon life animation and its pulling the unit slowly in. then once it reaches the hero, it gets thrown 600/700/800/1000 in whatever direction it was pulled from. if this is too complicated i understand (not doubting your skills, but its kind of an odd request, hopefully it wont take too much fo your time, if you dont have time I understand : ) )

Uhm, as for gui and jass? I prefer gui so i can learn from it but whatever is easier for you : )

EDIT: Descrip doesnt matter i think i can change that, name should be Shadow Link. thanks a bunch!
JASS would be easier to make this spell (and better), but I'll do in GUI because its easier/better for you.

Just some Q's:

- How slowly do you want the unit to be "pulled" to the caster?
- How fast do you want it to burst/launch away?
- Do you want the pulling to be slower than the launching?
- Do you want the spell to be channeling, or instant-cast? (channeling means the caster has to stand still while the spell takes effect, and instant-cast means the spell instantly takes effect(Instant-cast will be alot easier to make, btw))

N

nwkegan

JASS would be easier to make this spell (and better), but I'll do in GUI because its easier/better for you.

Just some Q's:

- How slowly do you want the unit to be "pulled" to the caster?
- How fast do you want it to burst/launch away?
- Do you want the pulling to be slower than the launching?
- Do you want the spell to be channeling, or instant-cast? (channeling means the caster has to stand still while the spell takes effect, and instant-cast means the spell instantly takes effect(Instant-cast will be alot easier to make, btw))

Uh, it should be doing the total 800 in about 2 seconds. So, 400 per second.
I want it to burst quickly, maybe the total 1000 in one second.
Yes, I do want it to be slower than the launching.
Instant cast is fine : )

thank you!!!

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Wow, I'm amazed how fast you can work -_-...
Anyway, nice thread.

Choose one of these two to do, your choice:
Second Chance
The paladin marks a target unit with a buff (Second Chance, you choose icon). If the target unit dies under this buff, he is instantly revived with 25% HP.
Lasts X seconds.
Targets: Ally, Hero, Non-Hero, Not Self.
Mana Cost: 85 mana.
Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Level 1: Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 2: Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 3: Lasts 25 seconds.
Level 4: Lasts 35 seconds.
Level 5: Lasts 45 seconds.

Blinding Light
The paladin channels an aura of light through the area surrounding him (800 AoE), making bursts of light appear at random locations in the area. Enemy units take X damage, while allied units are healed for Y damage. Bursts of light appear in a random location every Z seconds.
Lasts 30 seconds.
Targets: None.
Mana Cost: 150 mana.
Cooldown: 100 seconds.
Level 1: Enemies damaged 100, Allies healed 50, 1 burst of light every .3 seconds.
Level 2: Enemies damaged 140, Allies healed 70, 1 burst of light every .2 seconds.
Level 3: Enemies damaged 180, Allies healed 90, 1 burst of light every .1 seconds.

D

D0MinIc

Excellent, hopefully you can make this. I've seen some of your previous work and it has shown to be pretty solid, so we'll see what we can do here.

Here's what the spell does.

The hero hurls a boulder (magical;) ) at a single enemy unit. When the hero throws the boulder, it sends a shockwave forward at the targeted enemy unit. When the boulder hits, it gets binded in magical roots.

So we have:

Boulder Thrown
Shockwave Casted
(Boulder Hits) Roots Casted

Do you think that would be possible?
Thanks!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
So we have:

Boulder Thrown
Shockwave Casted
(Boulder Hits) Roots Casted

Do you think that would be possible?
Thanks!
Its definately possible.

But, I need to know if the roots are going to entangle the target or not (Entangling Roots)?

Your're added to the waiting list (enjoy your few hours in it).

N

nwkegan

Hey tinki3, I decided I wanted to make it so that the lightning effect updatated in real time so it didn't stick to the original position of the target. after a bit of tweaking I seem to have done it, however would it be possible for you to look at these triggers and tell me if this is a practical way of doing it? thanks if so. pretty sure this is the only trigger I modified. EDIT: also again, thanks a lot : ) i love the spell

Code:
ShadowLink  PullTarget
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set SL_targloc[2] = (Position of SL_targ)
        Lightning - Destroy SL_lightningFX
        Lightning - Create a Drain Mana lightning effect from source SL_castloc to target SL_targloc[2]
        Set SL_lightningFX = (Last created lightning effect)
        Set SL_moveloc = (SL_targloc[2] offset by SL_offset[1] towards SL_angle[1] degrees)
        Unit - Move SL_targ instantly to SL_moveloc
            If - Conditions
                (Distance between SL_targloc[2] and SL_castloc) Less than 128.00
            Then - Actions
                Lightning - Destroy SL_lightningFX
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Trigger - Turn on ShadowLink  LauchTarget <gen>
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_SL_targloc[2])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_SL_moveloc)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Hey tinki3, I decided I wanted to make it so that the lightning effect updatated in real time so it didn't stick to the original position of the target. after a bit of tweaking I seem to have done it, however would it be possible for you to look at these triggers and tell me if this is a practical way of doing it? thanks if so. pretty sure this is the only trigger I modified. EDIT: also again, thanks a lot : ) i love the spell
That's an excellent way of doing it (did it work though?).

I originally tried to make it do that, but I didn't think laterally enough :rolleyes:.

Glad you like it.

N

nwkegan

That's an excellent way of doing it (did it work though?).

I originally tried to make it do that, but I didn't think laterally enough :rolleyes:.

Glad you like it.

Yeah it works fine : ) you really do some nice work. i'm sure many people appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.