WIP The Zone

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The Zone is a single player campaign RPG based partly off the short story A Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky and the game STALKER: The Shadow of Chernobyl.

The Story
A nuclear accident as forced an area to be zoned off by the local military, leading to the affected area to become known as the Zone. Despite this, people seeking riches, adventure, or a new life manage to find ways inside the Zone. A black market has erupted for artifacts left from the anomalies caused by the extreme levels of radiation, for which people pay massive sums of money.
Other dangers include both wild and once-domestic animals and people, corrupted and mutated by the radioactive exposure. The military performs raids on camps, and several clans have been formed.
The closer to the heart of the Zone one travels, the more dangerous it becomes.

The Campaign
The story will be driven by missions and will, when complete, take several hours to finish. There will be many side-stories driven by various other quests, as well as many other general missions to complete on the side of everything else.

The playable area will be rather large, involving several interconnected maps which will allow players to freely travel between the areas.

The Projects
I intend on implementing my FPS system into this, assuming I am capable of making it totally functional.
I also am going to have an extended inventory, to allow more than six items to be carried.
Pretty much everything will be custom. Models, terrain, the UI, everything.
A night-vision system will also be made, although how I am going to go about doing this I am not sure.

Progress
Terrain: 0%
Combat System: 10%
Models: 5%
Textures: 5%
Other: 1%

I will be gone for a week (come back next Saturday, the first of August), so I'll try and keep it up to date then.

And I'm aware that this will take a long time and it will probably never work and will take more work than anyone will ever want to contribute and that I am an idiot, so let's all just try and avoid that this time?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.