Timer Spawn Guys

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Wondering how to make the creeps attack all players randomly

So, what are we talking here? Random UNITS from the players? Buildings? What? Heroes? We can tailor a trigger to sort for certain units. I need to know what you need, though.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
This will order the creeps to attack a random unit from all units owned by an enemy of the owner of the creeps. I hope that makes sense.

Code:
Timer Spawn
    Events
        Time - TimerVariable expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Countdown Timer - Hide TimerWindowVariable
        Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TempGroup = (Last created unit group)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempGroup2 = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True))
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Random unit from TempGroup2)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup2)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

R

r2yneth

Hrm, what is wrong with my triggeR? looks like yours but has more units spawning everywhere

Code:
Spawn F
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 5 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 6 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Loop - Actions
        Set TempGroup2 = (Units in Attack place <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True))

Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere :) Thanks in advance!

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Code:

That only gets the most recently spawned units i.e. the last 5.

Code:
            Loop - Actions
        Set TempGroup2 = (Units in Attack place <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True))

This is wrong. It should be this:

Code:
  Loop - Actions
      Custom Script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup2)

R

r2yneth

Oh, so if I wanted to make it spawn everywhere, I would need 6 more triggers? :(

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Oh, so if I wanted to make it spawn everywhere, I would need 6 more triggers?

Not necessarily. You would just have to set the variable and do the loop each time you created a group of 5 units. It could all be done in the same trigger.

R

r2yneth

Do you think you can show me how to do it? (if its not too much trouble) :(

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 6 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 5 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  Loop - Actions

Repeat

R

r2yneth

Thank you!!!

There is one problem tho :(

Code:

How did u get it to go bak to non-loop? For me, all the actions go under the first loop

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
  Loop - Actions

See how the custom script is not indented? It's outside the loop. Pretty easy to do.

R

r2yneth

Lol, how'd u do it? I've been trying the past 7-8 minutes and its not working :(

OH NVM! just figured it out! thank you!

Hmmm - Its not working :(
No units are spawning anymore

Code:
Spawn Videem
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy 4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Loop - Actions
            Loop - Actions
            Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 5 F for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 008 Copy <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Loop - Actions

I'm pretty sure I did everything correct :banghead:

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hm? They don't spawn at all? No units are created? Does the timer expire? Is it the correct timer?

R

r2yneth

Nothing spawn at all
The timer does not expire I dunno why :banghead:

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point, it would much simpler for both of us (and would take less time, too) if you just uploaded your map so that I could do it myself.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! How about it! It works! And it's pretty simple, too. Try it out. Go wild. But be careful with the triggers if you don't know what you're doing.

R

r2yneth

woo! you're the best! thanks! :)

Do i copy everything and just change the monsters if I wanted it to be level2/3/4?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Do i copy everything and just change the monsters if I wanted it to be level2/3/4?

There are ways to condense that as well, but that way will work IF you do a comparison to check which level you're on. Otherwise, it will spawn all of the creep levels each wave.

R

r2yneth

:) I was wondering if you do a sample (whenever you have time on your hands - if you want) that would greatly improve my map :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.