Trigger help ;S

kasilopana

Reaction score
Why does this trigger only create 1 unit, and not a unit every 0.5 second?

Trigger:
  • Spawn north lol
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Unit-type of Mini-game 1 0000 <gen>)
    • Actions
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dodger for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in MG1 spawn north <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Random point in MG1 End South <gen>)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Maybe because you have a wait of 10 seconds in the very beginning?

See if the units start spawning after 10 seconds of time. :)

kasilopana

Reaction score
Maybe because you have a wait of 10 seconds in the very beginning?

See if the units start spawning after 10 seconds of time. :)

The unit is being created 10 seconds after player red have picked the unit. Its like the trigger is ignoring the 0.5 part completely.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Tested it...and it seems that the waits have nothing to do with it.

I don't think those two events can be used together. Try using two seperate triggers.

kasilopana

Reaction score
Tested it...and it seems that the waits have nothing to do with it.

I don't think those two events can be used together. Try using two seperate triggers.

Yeah, im just wondering how to put it together ;S

EDIT: Made it work ;) - Made a false/true variable =)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Here:

Trigger:
  • Spawn north lol
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Unit-type of Mini-game 1 0000 <gen>)
    • Actions
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Add to (Spawn north 2) the event (Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dodger for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in MG1 spawn north <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Random point in MG1 End South <gen>)

Trigger:
  • Spawn North 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds

kasilopana

Reaction score
Here:

Trigger:
  • Spawn north lol
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Add to (Spawn north 2) the event (Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds

Trigger:
  • Spawn North 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds

Aah, I see ;) - made it work anyhow.

I have one more question.. :

The idea is to create a lot of units, and then have all the players to evade the units coming all the time.

My question is: How do I do this? when the unit who is being created all the time, is 100 radius/range away from the player, the player unit dies?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
My question is: How do I do this? when the unit who is being created all the time, is 100 radius/range away from the player, the player unit dies?
Yeah I guess that could work.

Another way to do it is (if this is a minigame of some sort), make all the players' units have very little life (like 1 to 5 life or something) and then give your "Dodger" unit a custom immolation. Thus, the immolation would automatically kill any player units nearby, so you don't need triggers :).

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.