Trouble with creating Special effect + action at point of effect

Geek.

Reaction score
Hello!

I am trying to Create a special effect at a random point in a specific region. Then I wanted to add an action to a specific unit that was "affected" (close, at-point-of, within-range-of etc.) by that Special effect.
The problem is that the Special effect has no "effect"(such as damage, buff, etc) except the visual, and since it is created at random point in the region, I'm having trouble adding something else at that point to associate with the action I want to create.

The trigger looks like this:
Events:
Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
Conditions:
Actions:
Special effect - Create Special effect at (Random point in effect region <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
*****************************************************************************************************
Now here's the tricky part:
The map has to be able to run on RoC (Reign of Chaos) in other words, I can't use any type of feature connected to TFT.

So what I'm looking for is something similar to this:
Events:
Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
Conditions:
Actions:
Special effect - Create Special effect at (Random point in effect region <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
Action - create whatever at point of special effect Equal to Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
******************************************************************************************************
Or something...

Would be very grateful for some advice here.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Search thehiveworkshop.com (maybe without the word "the" at the beggining, I forget) they have huge ammounts of models and effects

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could use Rain of Chaos. I'm pretty sure that's a RoC spell.

Amn

Reaction score
you need a point variable to contain the random point
then you create the effect and actions on that point

every 0.5 seconds
random_point = random point in map
create flame_strike_effect on random_point
cast thunder_clap on random_point

i think you can do that on RoC gui

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.