Ubuntu 10.10 LiveUSB help

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Okay, so in class, we're working with a few boxes that we have USBs with installs of linux and persistence, and we boot those two boxes into ubuntu from our USBs and then use Oracle VirtualBox to work with other OS's and stuff in virtual machines. We used the default program ( System -> Administration -> Startup Disk Creator ) this time and not LinuxLiveUSB Creator like we did last term which worked wonderfully.

My question? It has persistence and we can save data and stuff, but it still shows the Welcome Screen every time we boot the stupid thing, and it's super annoying as it adds another couple of minutes to boot the program, and then close it all. The USB, despite having persistence and being able to store stuff, still acts just as it would if it was a LiveCD install.

I'm wondering if theres a way to make it default to "Try Ubuntu" or just remove the welcome screen all together. It's getting super annoying when we have to reboot, to have to close the screen and wait for it to boot Gnome...
I have spent almost 4 hours with no success trying this today, so I'm getting fed up. haha

Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.