Reaction score
Please post your spec and how you play unholy. Thanks :thup:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Ah, my favorite subject :)

This is my specc for general pvp and arenas
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZMGxzhMZfMGI0bdrcqMckut:bLr

Of course, many points can be thrown around, such maxing impurity, getting chill of the grave, having IUP and so on, and you have to ask yourself the question whenever you want AMZ or not.

How to play? Well, there usually ain't exactly a pve rotation you can spam. But generally, you want to have all your diseases and spam scourge strikes like there is no tomorrow while keeping the target CoI'd. Actually, there are some things that are extremely hard to learn by just reading, and must be learned through playing, a lot.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I dunno... I can't seem to do much... Could you help me out, I'm putting up

IT, PS, and BS BS and then doin SS and DC but it's a lot less damage then frost..

Cornface

Reaction score
First of all, your gear, how is it? Then there are some other things..
Are you at the target 100% of the time? You got both your diseases up? And also, Unholy is a little less bursty than frost, but provides a lot better constant pressure.

Oninuva

Reaction score
No I switch on and off and yea, always have diseases up etc, my gear is decent, got some furious, deadly, using inevitable defeat, 650 resil..

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Unless I really need to squeeze all possible damage out, I always use CoI in place of Icy Touch. Always keep your target slowed and with full diseases. Whenever the other person goes within range (or if DG isn't needed bring them in range) and spread diseases. This really helps put pressure on healer/dps and helps kill dps/dps. Always keep your ghoul up and on someone (usually healer/kill target). Get a kill with heavy pressure+garg+(mind freeze/ghoul stun/strang combo).

Cornface

Reaction score
Quraji is completely correct. And yes, Unholy doesn't do as much burst as Frost, but has much more constant pressure. So you will have a hard time matching the mad burst by frost, especially when a frost specc got the XT sigil.

But upgrading weapon helps, and make sure you are pvp-hit capped, used all your gem sockets for +str, or hit if nessecary.
Other than what I said and what quraji said, I can't come up with anything really.

What's your setup and rating? :rolleyes:

Oninuva

Reaction score
I use stormedge as my weapon form Hodir. My setup is a resto shaman and our rating right now is 1479 or 1500, around that.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I wish I had that weapon :p

Still using titansteel destroyer...
My shaman and I just did more games earlier this week for the first time in a while. We do fine until about 1700 and we hit a wall. Everyone has uld gear or furious weapon >.>

I guess we're not skilled enough to make up for our mediocre gear with furious wep ret pallies/dks/rogues beating our skulls in :p

Oninuva

Reaction score
I wish I had that weapon :p

Still using titansteel destroyer...
My shaman and I just did more games earlier this week for the first time in a while. We do fine until about 1700 and we hit a wall. Everyone has uld gear or furious weapon >.>

I guess we're not skilled enough to make up for our mediocre gear with furious wep ret pallies/dks/rogues beating our skulls in :p

ya :p

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
"I guess we're not skilled enough to make up for our mediocre gear with furious wep ret pallies/dks/rogues beating our skulls in "

.... /facepalm

step 1) go frost
step 2) find a druid or shaman
step 3) equip a green wep
step 4) spam chains of ice / dg then entire game
step 5) ....
step 6) get your free 2k rating in 2's

TFlan

Reaction score
edit:: that was weird... double posted by accident

Oninuva

Reaction score
"I guess we're not skilled enough to make up for our mediocre gear with furious wep ret pallies/dks/rogues beating our skulls in "

.... /facepalm

step 1) go frost
step 2) find a druid or shaman
step 3) equip a green wep
step 4) spam chains of ice / dg then entire game
step 5) ....
step 6) get your free 2k rating in 2's

My chains of Ice only hits for 500 dmg, you can't kill someone like that.

TFlan

Reaction score
Your not looking at it from the way I am then,

Example:

You + Rsham vs Dprist + Rogue

Rogue opens on your partner, you DG / Ice to peel. Priest dispels Ice, you ice again, priest dispels Ice, you ice again, priest dispels Ice... etc, etc, etc.

Since your frost, you have the CD's to live against a rogue with pretty much only Earth Shield on you and maybe a few LHW's here and there, however the rogue has 2 evasions, 2 vanishes, cloak, trinket and a disarm. He Cloaks at the start to keep the pressure up on the sham, you just pet stun / hope ur shaman knows how to keep earth shield up. cloak is gone, you ice him and sham ghost wolfs away.

In the mean time, the priest is being kept in combat by a lava burst here and a ice spam there so he can't drink. then from all those dispel's and minor dmg and your rotation being kept in that mix, the priest blows his CD's, goes oom, and the rogue dies eventually.

----

Same thing for Priest / Ret, same thing for mage / rogue (but u have anti-magic! and tremor! and grounding!)....

should i continue?

Oninuva

Reaction score
You do know a frost dk does not have a pet stun. Secondly, a rogue will eat up a resto shaman even with earth shield. It's also preferable to keep up mana shield as long as possible. The only way for a DK / Sham to beat this combo is to nuke the priest quick and fast. Also three chains of ice and they will be immune. Chains of Ice spam also reduces your damage out put as you are using frost runes.

TFlan

Reaction score
"our rating right now is 1479 or 1500"

i now know why.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Only in reality:

1) Sap on dk, rogue pops on shaman. Gibs shaman or:
2) Your shaman lives through the sap, you peel with DG/CoI combo.
3) Rogue presses Cloak of Shadows/Sprint and returns to shaman. Shaman dead or:
4) Priest fears you after CoS (shaman was dropping stoneclaw to stay alive).
4a) Trinket. Blinded. Shaman dead or:
4b) Lichborne. Shackled. Shaman dead or:
5) Rogue vanish->saps you. Shaman dead or:
6) You're facing a bad team. Maybe if you pop everything you can kill the priest while he's busy mana burning the hell out of your shaman (if he's not oom already, ofc)

-) Keep in mind your shaman will be RP-walking around with crippling poison on the whole match. Even if you can kite out or cleanse the poison, he'll get deadly thrown.
-) Your shaman will oom EXTREMELY quickly using ES and getting mana burned.
-) If the rogue is combat (fan of knives spam) spec, he will never get a cast off.
-) Only chance to win is to avoid cc (extremely well timed AMS/Grounding/possibly tremor) and force the rogue on you by pressuring the priest. Then, switch to rogue and oom the priest by forcing him to outheal your damage. That's if your shaman doesn't go oom before dismantle/evasion/cos are all on cd.

Need I go on?

Oninuva

Reaction score
Now my arena is rated around 1950.. got my new weapon too :)

TFlan

Reaction score
Only in reality:

1) Sap on dk, rogue pops on shaman. Gibs shaman or:
2) Your shaman lives through the sap, you peel with DG/CoI combo.
3) Rogue presses Cloak of Shadows/Sprint and returns to shaman. Shaman dead or:
4) Priest fears you after CoS (shaman was dropping stoneclaw to stay alive).
4a) Trinket. Blinded. Shaman dead or:
4b) Lichborne. Shackled. Shaman dead or:
5) Rogue vanish->saps you. Shaman dead or:
6) You're facing a bad team. Maybe if you pop everything you can kill the priest while he's busy mana burning the hell out of your shaman (if he's not oom already, ofc)

-) Keep in mind your shaman will be RP-walking around with crippling poison on the whole match. Even if you can kite out or cleanse the poison, he'll get deadly thrown.
-) Your shaman will oom EXTREMELY quickly using ES and getting mana burned.
-) If the rogue is combat (fan of knives spam) spec, he will never get a cast off.
-) Only chance to win is to avoid cc (extremely well timed AMS/Grounding/possibly tremor) and force the rogue on you by pressuring the priest. Then, switch to rogue and oom the priest by forcing him to outheal your damage. That's if your shaman doesn't go oom before dismantle/evasion/cos are all on cd.

Need I go on?
You should go on, because that is the PERFECT way to play against that combo, but when have you ever executed that perfectly?

Sap on DK, DK Eats it.
Shaman runs behind pillar, drops totems, and pillar humps the priest.
Rogue opens on Shaman, preemptive CoS to stay on shaman and keep the pressure up, priest gets in LoS, lands a Holy Fire / Shadow:D combo.
Shaman may/may not die.

If shaman dies: win.
If shaman lives: lose.

If shaman lives, CoS is gone, DK peels. Shaman LoS's and drinks. Priest blows Shadowfiend to keep Shaman in combat and to regen the <25% mana he just used on offensive spells / heals.

DK shits on rogue. waits for a vanish, bloodboils, waits for evasion and prep/vanish.

When all rogue CD's are over, DK shits on rogue, pops garg/ spams CoI and DG on priest when he can to interupt, after a DG he focus mind freezes on priest, then strangulates. Shaman comes in and puts a lava burst / chain lightning up and rogue dies.

"Now my arena is rated around 1950.. got my new weapon too"

Congrats on your free 2k team. You just proved my point. Ty.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
You should go on, because that is the PERFECT way to play against that combo, but when have you ever executed that perfectly?

Sap on DK, DK Eats it.
Shaman runs behind pillar, drops totems, and pillar humps the priest.
Rogue opens on Shaman, preemptive CoS to stay on shaman and keep the pressure up, priest gets in LoS, lands a Holy Fire / Shadow:D combo.
Shaman may/may not die.

If shaman dies: win.
If shaman lives: lose.

If shaman lives, CoS is gone, DK peels. Shaman LoS's and drinks. Priest blows Shadowfiend to keep Shaman in combat and to regen the <25% mana he just used on offensive spells / heals.

DK shits on rogue. waits for a vanish, bloodboils, waits for evasion and prep/vanish.

When all rogue CD's are over, DK shits on rogue, pops garg/ spams CoI and DG on priest when he can to interupt, after a DG he focus mind freezes on priest, then strangulates. Shaman comes in and puts a lava burst / chain lightning up and rogue dies.

You can't just make it up how you like it...what I said is what any good Priest/Rogue will do, and it's not hard to execute...every cc is on-demand, no energy/mana/runic power required. It literally takes this much vent talk to win:
Rogue: Sapped dk, going on shaman
Rogue: (after sap->CoS) CoS is up, fear please
Priest: He trinketed (rogue blinds). He lichborned, shackling. He AMS'd (rogue blinds, DK trinkets..you have ~20 seconds to try something).
Rogue: Blind/Fear is out, vanish->sapping...

And what's this about a preemptive CoS? Is he trying not to get hexed (the BEST cc in the game, obv) while the dk is sapped? Lol. And the DK is not going to shit on anybody early in the game, with rogue defensive cds, priest using instant casts, shackling your pets and if needed pain supp. And I just can't wait to see the power infusion mana burning that forces your shaman to LoS you while the rogue destroys you. And, no good rogue is going to just randomly prep/vanish while he's on you unless it's to get a gib while your shaman is distracted or to escape if you manage to get him low.

In short: Hope you don't get Priest/rogue with this setup.

My shaman has just been playing his warlock because shamans are so gimp atm. Hopefully 3.2 will give them the boost they need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.