Unit things (was: name)

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
To change size in-game do this action:
Code:
Animation - Change (<Unit>)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

Set the values to something over 100%.

As far as I know there is no way to changed unit's name in-game.

> make a skill that u want to.

Didn't quite get that.

In all of my answers I assumed you mean in triggers, not in the object editor.

deathsite

Reaction score
ok thanks.i am wondering how in the dota map they changed the name of a granite golem(Roshan)and they changed the colour of a granite golem(green)

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
ok thanks.i am wondering how in the dota map they changed the name of a granite golem(Roshan)and they changed the colour of a granite golem(green)

The object editor. Press F6, or the little helmet...thing in the toolbar in the world editor.

The name is under the field "Text - Name" when you click on a unit in the object editor.

The colour is Art - Tinting Color 1, Art - Tinting Color 2 and Art - Tinting Color 3.

To change the size, it is Art - Scaling Value.

To make custom abilities, also use the object editor, but press the tab up the top that says Abilities.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
thank you but how can i put the ability to the unit?

Under the object editor:

Abilities - Normal is for Unit and Item abilities - ie, ones that aren't learned - the hero starts with them and doesn't level them up.

Abilities - Hero is for Hero abilities, which are the abilities that are learned via skill points.

Hope that helped.

deathsite

Reaction score
yes that helped very much.thank you.so for asking too much but how can i change the armor type and attack type?

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
yes that helped very much.thank you.so for asking too much but how can i change the armor type and attack type?

Combat - Attack 1 - Attack Type: is the attack type.
Combat - Defense Type: is the defense type.

I strongly recommend you read some tutorials on this site. They'll be a great help to you if you've just started out with the editor.

Reaction score
i went to the site that akino has given.but i can't find how can i spawn units every seconds.

Sometimes it is worth learning things by yourself. Mess around with the World Editor and acquaint yourself with it before coming to ask for help.

cowmenace

Reaction score
How I learned a lot of stuff is by reading through GUI triggers 3 times every day for a week. I learned soooo much basic triggers from spending a little over an hour throughout a week. Best way to learn the stuff is to just read through the capabilities of what the editor can do. You should do the same for the object editor, just read through a couple times a day until you understand what it can do

you threw me off with ur name lol i thought u were deathsite the guy that made binders XD

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A unit speak?

Cinematic - Transmission from unit (Something like that)

Or in the object editor, the unit sound set?

Be more specific... How can units "speak"?

deathsite

Reaction score
oh sorry i meant he will speak like in cinematic.

and i tried already tried that but they don't say any sound.there should be a text appearance

don't mind the tried already(wrong type)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.