General US Sub rams ship while Navigator was listening to Ipod

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A US nuclear sub rammed another ship causing nearly £60MILLION damage - while its navigator was listening to his iPod.

Sailors aboard the USS Hartford had also rigged up loudspeakers so they could play MUSIC on duty, an official report found last night.

Sonar operators and radio men were missing from their posts. Others drove the attack sub while "with one hand on the controls and their shoes off", it said.

The report slammed the navigator, who was listening to his iPod in his cabin while revising for an exam at the time.

Last edited:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wow even navigators are listening to ipods. i swear im the only person in this world without an ipod. i so want one

also thats like what $120million in damages? crazy stuff

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also the only person not to have cell phones and Ipods, so I'm much better than you.

And it''s 60 million pounds!? That's really unbelievable...

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I'm also the only person not to have cell phones and Ipods, so I'm much better than you.

And it''s 60 million pounds!? That's really unbelievable...

Impressive. I have no iPod but I do have a cellphone. I only know of 1 other person who has neither apart from you.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
wow even navigators are listening to ipods. i swear im the only person in this world without an ipod. i so want one

also thats like what $120million in damages? crazy stuff

I used to not have one. Then i got one about 2 weeks ago. Since school generally doesnt allow ipods in school, i think its unneeded until the summer.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
thats the problem. 3 of my 4 classes allow us to listen to ipods while doing work and i am always bored out of my mind actually doing work instead of listening to music like every1 else around me. for home use i have youtube...

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
mind actually doing work instead of listening to music like every1 else around me

Because work. Is a big no no.

---

See, if i was on a sub, and i was listening to an ipod. I think i would notice a large ship coming up in-front of me.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they are part listening, part dancing.

[youtube]NlHUz99l-eo[/youtube]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a 16GB iPhone which is literally completely full with music. I'm hoping to upgrade to the 32GB model soon.

As for the damages, they're all idiots. How can you fail so much at multi-tasking as to not be able to work and listen at the same time? :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
How anyone is supposed to fill more than 8GB is beyond me.

I have an iPod but not a phone :p.

---

How this guy managed to crash as a result of the iPod is beyond me, if he crashed it is because he wasn't looking, not because he wasn't listening. And if it was the case that he couldn't hear things that he needed to be able to hear, then he should learn to use the volume lock feature.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
That's a very expensive Ipod "US sub" hehe Well, he will always remember that day.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
How anyone is supposed to fill more than 8GB is beyond me.
It's not hard. I've got a 16GB Zen and I've got about 2GB left, the rest is entirely music. I've got something like 150 CDs, I do prefer to have a physical format :)

By the sounds of it the navigator was in his cabin. If he was off duty then why is the finger being pointed at him? And if he was, then why on earth was he in his cabin? :rolleyes:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Welcome to America, home of the proud, the brave, the ADD ridden and-

Hey, look, a butterfly!

:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.