Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
pff everything I say you shit crap on it... I don't wanna be part of this anymore (I don't think that I have ever been...)
I wont give my crappy ideas/suggestions/comments anymore

good luck on campaign!

captainrads

Reaction score
Ahh come on man, we all give ideas and get shot down quite a bit, its part of the process. One of these times you get a great idea that's awesome and gets used in the project which hopefully will make it better in the end.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
pff everything I say you shit crap on it... I don't wanna be part of this anymore (I don't think that I have ever been...)
I wont give my crappy ideas/suggestions/comments anymore

good luck on campaign!

Oh come on man don't go :( Your opinion is just as good as anyone Else's here. Stay dude, remember you just WATCHING this project helps sooo much, without you guys commenting here this Project would not live. :) Plus, Believe me I've got shot down on a lot of ideas I've made, but it does not mean I stop. Lol Wc3shady has shot my lore down for me, and I thank him for it! :D

It said he was a void walker.. yet orc says he will make it his last breath, and voidwalkers are ghost type minions, and you say hes not a voidwalker? lol wtf?! you confuse me!

Actually it doesn't say it is a Void Walker. Even if it did, the Orc was saying it as an expression. Of course though, if it conflicts with too much lore I can change it because it's not hard to xD.

EDIT: Oh damn I must of pasted the old story on the front page. I fixed it to what it's supposed to be. (like Burull said "Stay back Demon!" and then the Time Walker said "I'm no Void Walker" it was meant to be "I am no Demon". Lol sorry for confusion.

sidove

Reaction score
Oki i got a new idea for the sniper mission (the model):p

I think it will be nice with one of these two models :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=49808
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47551&prev=search=assassin&d=list&r=20

the 1 st has the coolest animations but it's 1 mb :(
the second is the coolest for the mission i think :D but i toke the other one to because he was also cool :D

so if you are gonna make a sniper mission with a sniper rifle take 1 st but takes much spaces on map:(
but if you are gonna do a archer one take second :)

tip: make the unit have permant invisibility during mission :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ok team, huddle up. :) Yeah, what we should all do is...

stop spamming useless stuff and making 1 page of posts every day. :D

It's no goodie having big file just for one model.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

captainrads

Reaction score
Well come on now we're discussing the map now...I think.

I disagree with permanent invisibility though, that would be too easy. I say make it night time and have your assassin have shadowmeld, maybe a short windwalk.

bradleo

Reaction score
I have been gone a while and will probably not be back every day, but i have input (that will probably be shot down)

1. Jumping unit sounds like a ram (for humans of course) to me, but for nelf which it needs to be, I like the idea of an assassin. It sounds real awesome! If you don't turn it into a bird or have mad jumps, maybe you could have it get up by stabbing daggers into the crevises in the cliff or something.
2. Have you decided on the elephant that was suggested for the undead? Sounds like that bird has flown, but im hopeful. :p
3. Male Nelf that can befriend beasts (like one lvl 1 creep per unit or something)
4. Blackrock orc unit, He can pick up one unit and throw him at the closest unit, stunning them for X seconds. (This one is going to get shot down)
5. A unit that uses critters. I dont know what for, it could be for eating and gaining power or, throwing them... putting them in a machine to be slaughtered and put in mcdonalds burgers...)
6. Tomes that increase attack of all units in the group by one, defence by one, or something (low, maybe a percentage?), for say... 5-7 min?
7. Another unit that uses trees, maybe hides in them or something (saw that in a game somewhere)

Thats all i got, exept for one question. Is weather control a go or a no go? forgot to read that far back...

captainrads

Reaction score
2. Have you decided on the elephant that was suggested for the undead? Sounds like that bird has flown, but im hopeful. :p
Its a Frost Mammoth, and I think we're using it.
3. Male Nelf that can befriend beasts (like one lvl 1 creep per unit or something)
Sounds kinda like the Beastmaster...actually, it sounds a lot like the Beastmaster.
4. Blackrock orc unit, He can pick up one unit and throw him at the closest unit, stunning them for X seconds. (This one is going to get shot down)
I wouldn't shoot that down, that sounds awesome. It should be targetable though, so if you need to throw a unit away from combat for awhile or something.
5. A unit that uses critters. I dont know what for, it could be for eating and gaining power or, throwing them... putting them in a machine to be slaughtered and put in mcdonalds burgers...)
How about:
Crittermaster: Rallies nearby critters to attack enemies.
Its goofy, but funny shit like that is great.
6. Tomes that increase attack of all units in the group by one, defence by one, or something (low, maybe a percentage?), for say... 5-7 min?
Sounds like a scroll?
7. Another unit that uses trees, maybe hides in them or something (saw that in a game somewhere)
I think I suggested something like that with that Forest Spirit...I can't remember, I think we all kinda forgot about it.

Thats all i got, exept for one question. Is weather control a go or a no go? forgot to read that far back...

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's happening

As for the cliff scaling unit, I think we forgot about that thing too, I'm not sure what got decided there.

bradleo

Reaction score
Another thing I remembered...
We had an idea about different walls for each races, and there might have been traps too. Was that shot down?:rolleyes:

captainrads

Reaction score
I don't think it was discussed very much...we seem to pitch ideas, criticize them, then move on and start the cycle over again. I have no idea what is/isn't going to be used other than what's on the front page.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well come on now we're discussing the map now...I think.

I disagree with permanent invisibility though, that would be too easy. I say make it night time and have your assassin have shadowmeld, maybe a short windwalk.

Well I was thinking something on these lines:

Lets say your in a cave and your quest is to get to a Tome without anyone noticing your there. Your hero has a Green glow around it (bit larger then the hero glow) and this gives you vision of the dark around you, this Vision is very small but you can kill guards sneakily to pick up lamps and so on. The green glow around the hero is permanent and no other player can see the glow. There will be numerous flame torches through the cave and here is where the guards protect keys, sometimes the guards move to other flame torches but you must watch out that they don't see you. You can hide behind objects in flame torches or sneak behind a guard and kill him. Sounds very complicated but it will kinda be like a FPS/RTS. :thup:

Another thing I remembered...
We had an idea about different walls for each races, and there might have been traps too. Was that shot down?

Well we haven't discussed it much, but yes I already have some working walls, they do nothing special (ability wise) but they are good for holding up enemys. I predict using the Chronicians Chronosphere with the Walls will give Humans a Huge turtle gameplay advantage, with Chronicians coming early 2nd tier, and Walls coming 1st tier, some Great Turtling Strategy's can be used.

Oki i got a new idea for the sniper mission (the model)

I think it will be nice with one of these two models :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=49808
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/r...Dlist&r=20

the 1 st has the coolest animations but it's 1 mb
the second is the coolest for the mission i think but i toke the other one to because he was also cool

so if you are gonna make a sniper mission with a sniper rifle take 1 st but takes much spaces on map
but if you are gonna do a archer one take second

tip: make the unit have permant invisibility during mission

Great models! Size doesn't matter in Campaigns, in the end it's only a few mb's extra to download. Plus it's not like you can go online with Campaigns.

captainrads

Reaction score
You should totally add some abilities to the walls, make them upgradable into different walls and such(sounds so damn familiar...).

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I will in time. :D

Update!:

A new poll is up, this is what it questions:

"The new Chronician spell caster with it's Time Warp ability can be deadly at the right times, but should there be an Upgrade to make it cast in a targeted area?"

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Maybe, but I got a better idea (Reply to thread).

This could be done by making Time Warp a Spell book and having AoE spell and Targeted inside.

The poll ends in 5 days and is located Here.

bradleo

Reaction score
Found wall discussion, page 17-19 :p
Weather was discussed after that.

Edit: On time warp, I remember that there was a hero in Dota (even though I hate Dota) that had a stop time ability in an AoE. Maybe you can look into that for triggering if needed.
-Also, put link to this page in poll, and also clarifying what ability is exactly.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Found wall discussion, page 17-19 :p
Weather was discussed after that.

Edit: On time warp, I remember that there was a hero in Dota (even though I hate Dota) that had a stop time ability in an AoE. Maybe you can look into that for triggering if needed.
-Also, put link to this page in poll, and also clarifying what ability is exactly.

Well that is pretty much what Chronosphere is, except Chronosphere slows units at first then if they stay in long enough they halt to a stop.

captainrads

Reaction score
Having the Time Warp ability be single-point or AOE is hard to decide and really depends on the situation its used in. While AOE is easier to cast, its also easier to misfire and heal enemy units or hurt friendly units...if you had the option of both?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Having the Time Warp ability be single-point or AOE is hard to decide and really depends on the situation its used in. While AOE is easier to cast, its also easier to misfire and heal enemy units or hurt friendly units...if you had the option of both?

If you read the last part of the first post it said The upgrade can be done by making the Time Warp ability a Spell book and holds Targeted and AoE versions inside.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
You just love making it harder for me don't you?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
You just love making it harder for me don't you?

Err Sorry :( A lot of things are WIP so it's hard to have a solid idea of things when your thinking of fun ideas all the time. Plus this is something that would be for an Upgrade, you could take all the time you wanted in the world on it, all I'd care for is the normal Targeted ability you've currently made and I look forward to seeing it :thup: Once again sorry :(

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
It's not that bad. All I'd have to do is CnP the trigger and modify it for target points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.