Wc4???

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I have heard that Blizzard is making Wc4. (of atleast hope they will)

I'm making this thread 4 ppl to post what they think Wc4 will include.

If they stay on the same track as Wc3 i belive that there will be more races (blood elf, naga mabey) more units, different heros, more resouces, etc

Any ideas?

Btw this is my 100 post :D history in the making lol

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
SC2 comes out first. No questions.

SC2 will take longer than two years, they might finish it before 2009 but who knows. By then Warcraft MIGHT be dead, so they might not make it at all.

If they do, it'll be a complete change from Warcraft II, meaning higher-detailed models, new gameplay styles, and more. But it's just a fantasy right now.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Remember the colassol jump in graphics, detail, and gameplay from WC 2 to WC 3? I would expect a similiarly colassol jump from SC 1 to SC 2 or WC 3 to WC 4.

First, Blizzard needs to finish Starcraft: Ghost, though, right? :D (I hate Halo, this seems better, at least to me)

SC was so boring ... all the objectives are the same: Kill this unit, Kill this base, Step on circle, with almost no variation. I played it for the plotline alone.

But then, warcraft II is rather boring compared to Warcraft III :D

At the least, I would expect multi-level playability (as in, putting units on 3 floors of a structure stacked on top of one another), an enhanced game camera (being able to rotate and pan it in-game without having to do stuff in WE), ability to select more than 12 units, etc.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too keen on wc4, unless it meant more games and things on battle.net, i would like to see different types of melee games.

like deathmatch, it picks 3 people with rubbish stats to go against a pro, or tough computer!

---

maybe someway of making multiplayer campaigns for battl.net would be fun! :D.

~Jindo

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Blizzard needs to hire a writer -.- Their stories sort of suck.

Or are, at BEST, becoming predictable. I knew what was going to happen with Illidan before I played TFT. (Vaguely, I mean, I basically knew he was going to build an army and come back fighting)

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ya..need to finish ghost first...but ive heard that if blizzard does come out w/ wc4...it'll be a prequel to an earlier warcraft game....

as for whats in it....i hope they update the graphics....cause thats the thing that's going to make warcraft fall behind in coming years

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Ya, the industry is constantly getting farther ahead, and you need to consistently come out with brand-new ultra cool graphics to have a shot nowadays ...

A PREquel? :D That would be cool :)

(I was always curious about that first part of Warcraft, when the burning legion first invades Azeroth :D)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
They have books on that. Well of Eternity, or whatever. I bought it, read it, loved it! :D

Basic storyline: The Archmage and maverick known as Rhonin and his mentor, who's also a red dragon consort to Alestraza (spelled HORRIDLY, sorry) go to help out the Bronze Dragon Aspect (because I'm not even TRYING to spell that! :D) who's the keeper of time, and wind up getting thrown into the past.

Right before the Legion invades! :eek:

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ya...about a month ago i did a search on yahoo for warcraft 4...came up w/ a bunch of results

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I once did a search on google, someone made a 3D version of warcraft 2 or a 2D version of warcraft 3 and called it warcraft 4.

Bad reviews, people said how it sucked and what was the point of doing a cartoon version.

---

I would like also warcraft 4 (if ever released) to have more player slots on bnet games for more fun!

~Jindo

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Jindo said:
I would like also warcraft 4 (if ever released) to have more player slots on bnet games for more fun!~Jindo
ya imagine som type of tag w/ like 5 tagers and 30 ppl runing lol

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
SC2 will take longer than two years, they might finish it before 2009 but who knows. By then Warcraft MIGHT be dead, so they might not make it at all.

You can NEVER kill Warcraft! NEVER!! :)
They still need another expantion of WC3. They have 2 for WC2, and WoW really dosn't progress the storyline that much. They might introduce a random Arthas or something. hmmmmm. But agreed, SC2 will come out 1st.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
WC2's expansions were the BATTLE.NET version and the expansion expansion. WC3 already ahs Battle.net.

And, Warcraft III is almost 4 years old, how do you expect themt o release an expansion this late in the game?

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Lol, good point :p

What DOES WoW do for the plot? They always make a loud noise when they release A New Dungeon, but what happens in the storyline?

Perhaps a better WE would be in order (actually, that would be pretty much mandatory, unless they used all the old Warcraft stuff to make new levels ROFL :D --- they already made a maze, a TD, an AoS [obviously an RTS :D], and a RPG, all the most popular game types on Bnet), with more chat functions and keyboard interface options. I would highly appreciate a better pathing, shadow, water, and cliff editor, too.

SC 1 was, from my initial analysis, lightyears :)D) behind warcraft. ALL the mission were Step on Circle, Kill Unit, or Protect Unit/Survive for X Seconds.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
WC2's expansions were the BATTLE.NET version and the expansion expansion. WC3 already ahs Battle.net.

And, Warcraft III is almost 4 years old, how do you expect themt o release an expansion this late in the game?

True.... Wasn't TFT released almost two years after ROC, though?

It's suprising how Warcraft is 4 years old, and still thousands of people STILL play it.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
another thing i hope they add is more world editor stuff

terrain/triggers....all that stuff.....

P

PwnThePanda

Wc4 Is Probily not happening or at least not for a while. There gonna create an expansion for wow. It was in a magazine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.