WE Noob... Damage/Attack Speed/Move Speed Aura

Kosire

Reaction score
Actually that's all figured out. Im just going to use attributes for increases.
But how do I make it so that a certain upgrade is researched when a unit is on a "Killing Spree"?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
well how does a unit get on a kiling spree.. when a unit has 5...6... 7... kills in a row?
when the units gets that many kills, just set the level of research to +1

Kosire

Reaction score
Ok, now the problem is, why when I have the techtree requirements for the ability set to x upgrade. it doesn't actually require me to get that upgrade to learn the skill?...

Kosire

Reaction score
It says it does, like it says "Required - x upgrade" but I can still learn the skill, and gain its effects even without the upgrade

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
don't double post, edit

can you use the ability without the upgrade? i don't have WE right now, but you could open up a regular WC3 melee map and see how abilities are given to units thru upgrades.. like Priest has Heal, the other one has Slow, the night elf have bounce attack, Ghouls have cannabalize, etc...

Kosire

Reaction score
Ive looked and all i can see is that they put an upgrade in techtree req. i get it greyed out but even tho its grey and says need upgrade to use it. it still gives the effect

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could have the ability do nothing then add an ability that has the effects you want in a disabled spell book that is added to the hero when it gains the killing spree. Also, as upgrades can't go back a level, I'd recomend creating a unit in some obscure corner of the map when the unit gets a killing spree and killing it when the unit loses its spree.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.