Weirdest Thing ive ever seen, ever. Ever.

R

Redlazer

Ok, ive got my map. Its designed to be an overrun map. (The zerg are supposed to just go all out and attack in a huge swarm and im supposed to stay alive for 45 minutes. Its for my personal enjoyment : ) but i jsut cant figure the goddamn thing out. I have teh maximum limit of units reached with a bunch of drones, but i also have roughly 185 zerglings ready to charge my base. However, he send EVERYTHING, including the overlords and drones, to attack my base.

And this is the REALLY weird thing. They target 1 thing, then when they kill it, they ALL stop dead in their tracks. They dont return fire, and they dont move at all. I had enough time to build up my base and nuke them all : ) which was cool, but i dont want them to do that. It is clearly something in my triggers, but i cant figure out what the hell it could be.

Please, i really hope someone checks these forums still : ( i cant think of anything !

Thankyou,

Fred

[email protected] if you feel like contacting my directly.

Ill attach the map so you guys can see what im talking about.

Attachments

• defeat the onslaught origin.scx
    55.5 KB · Views: 300

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Give us a couple of days to answer this as our Mod is only checking the forum like twice a week. The amount of questions on Staredit have gone down so much in the last year that even though we are still moderated, we have not had any questions to answer. We have not forgot about you though.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
The only problem with your triggers is the fact that you used the script to send ALL of the Zerg computer's units to attack.
You must be wary of how a script will affect the player even if it seems like it will work.

Otherwise, another option you have to get only Zerglings to attack is to use an 'Order' trigger and use the attack or patrol option on to the plateau the Terran are at.

R

Redlazer

Im not totally sure what you mean... Is there any other way to get him to send all of his offensive units to my base? Like i said, i want them to swarm my base. Its supposed to be really hard : )

-Red

Ilendil

Reaction score
The scripts you use apply to all the units the computer owns.

To fix this, read the second paragraph I wrote.

W

WoahNelly[T]

ilendi basically said wut i was about to but i was gonna say instead of making all of them attack make it funner by sending litttle armys

or you put a location over the zergling then at a certain time order them all to attack a loacation you have put in the terran base the create more at the lacation where the zergling were then attack with those another time

hop i didn't confuse you...:confused:

R

Redlazer

You sure did Nelly.

The other thing i wanted them to do was to build their own units and use them to attack.

-Red

Ilendil

Reaction score
Use one of the Campaign scripts by setting a location over all of the Zerg's base.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.