Weird What do you MEAN I'm not going to die?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
LONDON - A British man who went on a wild spending spree after doctors said he only had a short time to live wants compensation because the diagnosis was wrong and he is now healthy -- but broke.

John Brandrick, 62, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two years ago and told that he would probably die within a year.

He quit his job, sold or gave away nearly all his possessions, stopped paying his mortgage and spent his savings dining out and going on holiday.

Last edited:

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
rofl..wants compensation...though there was a miss diagnosis, I don't think you can sue for that

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
so are we saying there is a preset grading for the level of a miss diagnoses?

what if another doctor said he was going to be alright? could he still sue the original doctor? do you sue doctors if they give you a diagnosis you do not agree with? no, you go and seek a second alternative

I think what the guy did was rediculus...what if a doctor says you have aids, and being a jackass you go and screw lots of woman w/o protection, then come to find out the tests were wrong, you did not have aids, but now you do from your actions....can you sue for that...?

again, the guy is a moron

johnnyfire

Reaction score
if i was going to die... hmmm... i dun think i would do that... but the doc probably just said you may die...

anyway he is responsible for his own actions, and he chose the wrong actions, what a noob! :D

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
As has already been said, this is what wills are for. Your money can be dished out psycho-style AFTER you die if you so choose.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
yeah he THINKS hes going to die and he ruins his life..what a dumbass...some smart people in this world today eh? xD

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
He can sue, but he won't win unless he proves that it was malpractice, which means that the doctor had to have made an error in protocol.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
He can sue for a miss diagnosis, but he won't get his life back the way it was. NO ONE told him to go on a spree like that, HE made that choice as an (somewhat) intelligent person.

Free a man from consequence... And he apparently screws himself in the rear o_O

Tonks

Reaction score
I gotta say, if doctors told me I had a fixed death sentence, and I had no-one to leave my money to, I would do the exact same thing. Preferably on gambling.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I would have just writen up a new will and give all my stuff to my least hated person. Or charity. It's always good to give to charity.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.