What the hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Um....Hmmmm...Ho....Am I just seeing things or did too hidden forums just pop out of nowhere? The Moderator's Lounge and one other one. And um, why am I able to make news threads now?

Man, you guys have been seriously working, becuase my reputation has gone from 50 to 100 to 200 then 300 down to 200 in one day. My mind is frying. ;)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
LOL you just removed it. Now I know I'm not supposed to see that;). I see all the moderators in those forums love me:), especially Ryoko;).

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you still post news? You should not be able to do that but look in your user options for some enhanced customization options. These are only available to you. There is a new group for the forums called Special Members which has some different permissions and customization options. It is up to you to find out what those are :)

I am tweaking the reputation levels that is why you are seeing that changing.

What other forums are you talking about :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
LOL oooo I get it, I think I was just "seeing" things;). Yea, that's what I thought, just like Respected Members on wc3campaigns. Man< I'm going to get Ryoko to tell me how much he loves me:).

Yes, I can still post News, by the way.

I now have finally figured out why it doesn't say what thread your viewing when your viewing "certain" things.;)

If I'm right, I'm kind of a test subject for Respected Members, so I'll point out what I can and can't do -

-I can post news (Like I'd ever use it)
-I can change my title
-I can post in archive forums, which normal users cannot
-I also get a new button, which I won't say, but it leads to nothing really

That's about it, hope it helps:).

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Haha, no reason to, plus ya'll got it covered;).

One thing I'm wondering, how does the respected member thingy work? Is it for a certain amount of reputation, amount of posts, or do the Administrators just pick one?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The Helper closed that after about 5 minutes, it was a mistake. If your confused, I'll sum it up what I can and can't do as of now:

-I can delete my posts
-I can't post news
-All forums are the same, no new ones
-I can change my title
-I can close my own threads
-More avatars (don't know, The Helper could've recently added those)
-I can post in archives
-I CAN'T post news
-I have a few more, irrelevant options

That's about it, nothing I would really use, except the title which is nice.

If you really want to see, get in the Admin CP and check, The Helper changed everything through there.

Actually, I CANNOT post in archives, I thought I could, but that's only because one of the Admins opened the Guild Wars forum again.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also delete your own posts. Rinpun is in the group too but I don't think he's snapped to the fact he has the permission like you do (change his title). Currently you 2 are the only ones.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm honored. :D

One question though: Could you PM me (or post here) as to what I can do now if it isn't too much trouble? I got a little bit from this post but I don't really notice anything.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You can customize your title, you can delete your own posts, you can post larger attachments - if you want to be able to do other stuff you can always request the feature in this forum. Its not all that you know just some expanded forum permissions.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I've a question...If we get a few new features, why do we not have signatures? They're disabled, I know that, but I'm not sure why, so the reason may be my answer. But I'm just curious. :) Signatures would be fun! lol...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Signatures would be fun!

That's where we totally disagree. They wouldn't. And aren't.

Yours
AceHart

Sig. follows:

- some statement about the wheather in the south-western north-east
- my email address, since I don't get enough spam already
- my general timetable, to plan meetings, availabilities, ...
- I won't mention here the oversized animated, really screaming, gif
showing, actually, quite nothing, but, it's part of my sig, so...
- anything I forgot here?
- Oh, yeah, I like cats. Or, maybe, I don't, but, anyway, my sig will have some statement to that effect.
- See my point?
- We'd have to constantly watch over all and any sigs...
- What a total pain ;)

It might just happen that the signature is longer than the actual content.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...:) I don't like signatures! :p

-Edit-

Besides, I guess for us the 'status' or whatever you call it (like my "I am your Nightmare..." comment) is sort of like a signature for us, right? :p Be happy with what you got, beggars can't be choosers, all that good stuff, lol...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The title is your sig. Look for another feature coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.