Who said Nydus Worms weren't useful?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, I realize it's just a random replay of me vs. some other guy. But I used Nydus Worms!

Attachments

• Nydus Worms!.SC2Replay
    35.9 KB · Views: 209

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Your primary army of choice still is the army of Mutalisks.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You would still have beaten him even without that Nydus worm trick, but yea, its cool when it works.

What currently bothers me is that Nydus worm sound which kinda makes it impossible to use them without enemy knowing about it.

It would be cool to be able to use Nudys worms for taking Island expansions without enemy knowing about it. Or moving your army to the other end of the map, so you can quickly attack from the suprising direction.

edit. Also: I hate sensor tower. For terran who can already control choke points really damn well, it also provides a a fool proof drop/worm protection.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
You would still have beaten him even without that Nydus worm trick, but yea, its cool when it works.

What currently bothers me is that Nydus worm sound which kinda makes it impossible to use them without enemy knowing about it.

It would be cool to be able to use Nudys worms for taking Island expansions without enemy knowing about it. Or moving your army to the other end of the map, so you can quickly attack from the suprising direction.

edit. Also: I hate sensor tower. For terran who can already control choke points really damn well, it also provides a a fool proof drop/worm protection.

Yeah, sensor towers suck :/
I think Nydus Worms are fun, mostly because no one expects them. Would be nice if they didn't require visibility to spawn, would make them much more effective without making them too imbalanced I think.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Scouting overseer is good, or a mutalisk if you make them.

For me removing that global scream would be enough, at least removing it when enemy has no units close.

Im actually starting to think that overlords are better for dropping purposes. You can also use worm after the drop to bring in some reinforcements, or if it seems that you are getting pwned, you can just not to spawn worm and evacuate your units and get the fuck out of there.

Also its hilarious to use overlords as bombers, btw. When some noob ignores your overlords floating above the battle, he deserves to get some banelings raining down to his head.

edit. Of course overlords are kinda risky if he has air to whooppwn them.

Actually, I kinda like how zerg has both overlord drops and worms.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Bleh, I dunno. Overlords are a bit too generic. I like taking my enemy by surprise :thup:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at it and can't just say nothing. :p

Both you and your opponent have considerable build order problems. By the end of the game the gameplay was fine but before that...

It is inefficient, doesn't take full advantage of the resources at your disposition, and slow.

Especially your opponent i would say, but I was quite surprised how your scouting hurt you. You had about 800 minerals by the end of your scouting session, which should have been spent. If you're to lose that much time micro'ing your scout, let him die. Better that than not spending just to save his life.

Also, you can make a spawning pool much earlier (1 minute earlier), which would have wtfpwned your opponent if you had made a speedling rush earlier. He had nothing, and by the time you had 5 zerglings in, you should instead have about 14 speedlings AND be teching.

Thus, your teching 8 minutes in is also way too slow.

Having 3000+ minerals and 0 gas and not using them in the mid-game is also not a good idea. Missing some gas? Build 5 hatcheries on 5 different expands so you will have some later on! You also forgot a couple times to fill in your extractors with drones.

Apart from them issues it was quite nice. The mass Hydralisk was clutch considering you had no idea he was going for void rays!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well, its easy to say what you should have done when watvhing a replay.
I can usually tell what I did wrong when wathing a replay, and thats cool.

But yea. You should have had 1 burrowed scouting ling at each mineral field, and one near his door. When you saw that all offence he does is 3 void ray cheese, you should have wildly expanded like everywhere.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Heh, beginners.
it doesn't matter what you get, as long as you're fast and good at microing

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Well, its easy to say what you should have done when watvhing a replay.

That's the point! "Should have done" should become "have done". :) Build orders can be improved, others thought over.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I looked at it and can't just say nothing. :p

Both you and your opponent have considerable build order problems. By the end of the game the gameplay was fine but before that...

It is inefficient, doesn't take full advantage of the resources at your disposition, and slow.

Especially your opponent i would say, but I was quite surprised how your scouting hurt you. You had about 800 minerals by the end of your scouting session, which should have been spent. If you're to lose that much time micro'ing your scout, let him die. Better that than not spending just to save his life.

Also, you can make a spawning pool much earlier (1 minute earlier), which would have wtfpwned your opponent if you had made a speedling rush earlier. He had nothing, and by the time you had 5 zerglings in, you should instead have about 14 speedlings AND be teching.

Thus, your teching 8 minutes in is also way too slow.

Having 3000+ minerals and 0 gas and not using them in the mid-game is also not a good idea. Missing some gas? Build 5 hatcheries on 5 different expands so you will have some later on! You also forgot a couple times to fill in your extractors with drones.

Apart from them issues it was quite nice. The mass Hydralisk was clutch considering you had no idea he was going for void rays!

Yeah, I realize I have some multitasking problems. I'm working on it :)
Thanks for the tips though!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Heh, beginners.
it doesn't matter what you get, as long as you're fast and good at microing

False.

It only doesnt matter if you are much faster and much better at microing.

No matter how fast you are, you still someday end up meeting someone whos faster than you and then "what you get" starts to matter again.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Countering is standard strategy. It matters, what you get.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yea, although Id personally enjoy more about countering your enemies timing, positioning of units, use of terrain and other choises in battle field, instead of countering units, but it seems that Blizzard is too much of a rock-paper-siccors -fan.

Meh.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.