G

Gnolllord

Vial Throw
Events
Unit - A unit Uses an item
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Testing Assistant
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)((((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) Equal to True) and ((Is (Picked unit) near (Triggering unit) and withing a range of 350.00) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Picked unit)

why?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Gnolllord said:
Vial Throw
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)((((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) Equal to True) and ((Is (Picked unit) near (Triggering unit) and withing a range of 350.00) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

why?
The bolded words should be matching unit not triggering unit

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
what happens and what is wrong with it?

i suppose this is the problem...
the footman wont cast it if he doen't have that ability...so you simply need to add it in the object editor (if this is the problem offcourse)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Ya but i bet the unit has the ability, just wat i bolded is wrong.

jeffandsnoop

Reaction score
It should be matching unit if you use these kinds of actions

unit pick every up "Matching Condition" in region.

The unit in the "Matching Condition" part should ALL be matching unit.

But after that, just use picked unit in (Do action) part~

I got this experience after trying many times dealing with matching units, picked units, and triggering units.

G

Gnolllord

thnks mase but also i want the AOE to be at the point i cast the item rather than the AOE being around me. e.g. regardless where i use the item only enemys within 350 around me not the place i targeted with the item will get frost nova cast on them.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Oh, well
for the bold change that to target of ability being cast (i think)

G

Gnolllord

no, im talking about the pick unit function, pick every unit within range of triggering unit. How can i make that pick every unit within range of where i cast my item.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
they target of where u cast ur item?

Trystero

Reaction score
That's because you ordered the footman created where there hero is. I think, to do what you want, you instead have to detect the casting of a spell targetting a location, where that spell is the one given to the item. Then trigger it just like a normal ability trigger.

G

guitarplay

Code:
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)(((([COLOR=Green]Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False[/COLOR]) and [COLOR=Red]((((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item[/COLOR])))  Equal to True) and (([COLOR=Green]Is (Picked unit) near (Triggering unit) and withing a range of 350.00[/COLOR]) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - [COLOR=Red]Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Picked unit[/COLOR]

im sry i got lost, may i suggest making it easier to read by using conditions . . .

here are some problems. (in red) and what you need to make conditions (in green) :) yay christmas

the first red automaticaly makes itself false due to the fact that the triggering unit can not be an enemy of itself (it should also be in conditions)
either you dont get what hero manipulating item means or you just screwd up. Thats one.

The second green is like wtf, not only shouold that be in conditions, but ner. . . , and is triggering unit. DId you make that up.

The last thing is kinda messed up. IN my experience footmen do not have lich king abilities. To use an ability, it needs to have the ability so you will also need. Give last created unit . . . ability. and then maby remove it. AND ALSO. . . YOU CANT ATTCK MULTIPLE UNITS WITH AN ABILITY IF IT DOES CAN NOT ALLREADY ATTCK MULTIPLE TARGETS. . . Its not possible. You picked every unit, you probably want only to pick one unit.

hope that stuff helps

G

Gnolllord

Vial Throw
Events
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Vial of Frost
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)((((((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) Equal to True)) and (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False)) and ((Is (Picked unit) near ( and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy caster for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
Unit - Add Frost Nova to (Last created unit)

This is my fixed trigger, But i want it to cast frost nova on units within 350 of where i threw the vial, not within 350 of the caster. Can anyone help me plz.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Gnolllord said:
Vial Throw
Events
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Vial of Frost
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)matching?? ((((((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) Equal to True)) and (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False)) and ((Is (Picked unit) near ( and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy caster for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
Unit - Add Frost Nova to (Last created unit)

This is my fixed trigger, But i want it to cast frost nova on units within 350 of where i threw the vial, not within 350 of the caster. Can anyone help me plz.
The part where it says "matching??" is it matching?

G

Gnolllord

no the trigger works but the units that get frost nova cast on them are around the caster but i want the units around where i cast the item to get frost novad instead.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Ok, use something like:
Code:
Pick every unit within 350 of target of ability being cast matching matching unit belongs to enemy of triggering player and do *your actions*
lol that easy ^^

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Well, u cant do target of item being manipulated... sry

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.