WIP and finished screenshots

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Oh my god I got goosebumps when I took this screen. This is my new favorite one, very dark, and grim. Another reason why is because those damn orbs took me an hour to friggin finish. This picture is for the ending cinematic, which is a Warcraft III music video (sounds cheesy when you say it...) with alot of fighting. I've spent about 2 weeks on the cinematic, trying to trigger all the damn animations, fighting scenes, and feel for it. It's got a surprise ending, so I won't say anymore:).

I think I nailed the feeling for the screen, but something just doesn't feel right. I don't know how I'm going to fit this into the map without player's noticing this place before the cinematic, since the map is pretty open for players to explore. So tell me what you think, I really need feedback on this one.

I also wanted to say that I really love this project I'm working on, for one, I love the gameplay (I know, I know, I'm the one creating it:p), and I love how I'm able to fit all the parts of maps I love into this. For example, I love how I'm able to fit Unreal Tournament 2004 into this, and how I'm able to create something similar to The_Great_Noob's The Vision (An action cinematic).

I don't know if you noticed, but I did use alot of Ability effects on this one(LOL).

[EDIT]Changed the camera slightly, made it darker.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/XXconanXXX/Greatestscreen.jpg

M

me.

HOLY CRAP!!

wow.. that is....wow. lol. u did plenty of things i didnt even know ya could do. extremely nice work!!! 6 stars any day.

its reakky nice how you got that giant infernal ther in that teleport effect, it gives it kinda a magic god being look. but i cant tell if that infernal is a unit, of a building.

anyways, there are planty of special effects in there, all over the place, nice work conan.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I made the orbs floating now, making it cooler during the battle, but you can't notice a difference in a screenshot.

Just bumping this again.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
wow thats some pretty neat stuff do u make the screen shots on the game or the editor?

P

panhandler

Hey this looks awsome good job! is there a beta test or soemthing? if there is i wanna be envolved!

P

panhandler

Tight!! i like the model is that new or part of the original?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
He's a new model that Miseracord made, he's personally my favorite model ever. My favorite hero in my map is, of course, Sol'ta, who resembles Fedaykin from Tides of Blood, my favorite hero of ALL TIME.

With Sol'ta's Perpetual Delay, it was hard as hell getting projectiles to freeze. You can't tell in the screenshot since it's a screenshot, but those creeps and the Deimos are totally frozen, except Sol'ta, of course.

Alot fo the spells in my map use fade filters, since they look awesome, and look lag the game;).

I'll give some more screenshots in a little bit, if I can set them up right with Deimos ultimate Heinous Debacle and his Elutriate Incise.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hmmm wat is your goal with all this wat is the competition really based on? is this gonna be a playable map or just images

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15269

Playable AoS map with tons of modes, such as Mutant, CTF, Monster, Capture, and tons of others with quests. You basically raid the deserted expansion bases across the map to make a link to your opponents' base, Everything is based around the basic AoS three lane-creep driving-hero kiulling concept, but with some new twists.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hmmm wats type of AoS like are there gonna be multi races unlike Dota?

(hehehe check out my post hope you can respond :D)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The base concept is based off Tides of Blood actually, but it's not the same as DotA. I focused on making quality heroes rather than quuantity. About 20 in this map, I will most likely make more once I get some good idea for hero ideas. Alot mroe modes and commands than DotA and Tides of Blood, and the terrain is much more colorful. Terrain might not be top noch, but I like. I'll add a few mroe screenshots in a little bit.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool looking, but tell the modeler/skinner that they need to add a little more flavor to the helmet :D

(I think the helmet could use some work. Otherwise, mister orc is cool looking. It's a lot better than LoL's Dark Paladin dude. That guy just doesn't look right.)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
(I think the helmet could use some work. Otherwise, mister orc is cool looking. It's a lot better than LoL's Dark Paladin dude. That guy just doesn't look right.)

Yeah, I agree. It looks kind of funny.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
One week or two, I don't know, depends.

No screenshots for now, but once I finish the new and improved Human Encampment, I'll show some pics, it's turning out to look very nice.

D

DaFishy

thanks for these nice terriasn pictures .. now my survival map should look better

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.