Wow wonder?

C

Cryo

I just visted blizzard.com and was just wondering is blizzard paying just a little to much attention to WOW ok fine it make them millions and even Mr.T plays it, but im starting to think blizzard is geting too coaky with WOW wat if some ohtter company slams some great RPG out that everyone then go's too, WOW would be another game lost in the selves of forgotteness. Point is 1.) WOW will fall & 2.) Blizzard need to pay more attention to SC 2 and War 4 if there will be one cause WOW is sucking up the story like a starving vampire that found a 4 year-old.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
have u looked at the number recently?

one of the main reasons blizzard has so much control over themselves and people don't put there hands into them to much is because of WOW. it has over 9 million users at the moment, and brought the company up from almost ruin, and the game will only continue to grow, its been out for almost 4 years now and hasn't stopped, although they lose older players new players join in no time.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
WoW failing isn't inevitable. Highly probably but not certain. I mean, there are still plenty of people that play Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. Who is to say WoW will not be a game like those are? Certainly has replayability.

punwisp

Reaction score
There are different teams focusing on different games. Theres a WoW team, wacraft 3 team, and a starcraft team. Im sure theres more but there not all focusing on one game. Starcraft 2 will be a major hit.

Rad

Reaction score
WoW failing isn't inevitable. Highly probably but not certain. I mean, there are still plenty of people that play Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. Who is to say WoW will not be a game like those are? Certainly has replayability.

If the people playing SMB1/2/3 were all paying $15 a month, even $50 a month, they wouldn't be making enough to support the entire company.

Remember, $15 a month for one person but each employee probrably gets $15 an hour, or higher.

Its definately not cheap to keep WoW up, but they DEFINATELY aren't at risk.

And people still play D2, Wc3 etc. But those don't make them any money anymore. Until Starcraft 2 comes out I'm sure blizzard.com will have World of Warcraft in every section of the entire website

Y

yabyab

WoW is far far far away from failing. Trust me.

However, WoW is going to be on a decline soon. I would be shockingly surprise if Blizzard proves me wrong this time and manage to get more subs after Warhammer and Age of Conan releases. I would bow to their genius marketing skills.

But truth is, WoW will decline soon. But will never fail. It will go back to 5million subs in a year then 3 million subs the year after at worst. So, it won't get bad. Most of the running games and are considered successful have 500k subs only.

But regarding your concern rest assure because StarCraft2 team is different than WoW's. So, the guys who are doing StarCraft2 are working on it without interruptions at the same time the guys working on WoW are doing their job without interruption at the same time the guys working on the new WoW expansion are working on their project without interruption.

They have 9million subs. That's 9,000,000 * $15 a month (you do the math). They definitely can afford more than 1 team.

Tholdalf

Reaction score
They acctualy gets some money one wc3..that case that they are in is a freaking death trap as the cds gets broke all the time when you take them out....:p

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
the thing is... No other mmo will come out that will surpass wow for a while... I mean really... 10 million players now. 2 more planned expansions... No way in hell it will suddenly just...CRASH.

Tholdalf

Reaction score
Warhammer online will crush WoW in the name of Grungni, Grimmnir and Valaya...TRUE DWARVEN STEEL.

C

Cryo

:confused:Wat if they makea WoS world of starcraft??? would that not make blizzard the ultimate Rpg company and wat the point of Rpgs like wow any ways u strat small learn a few tricks kill a few guys get to max lvl and start all over is it not a pointless cycle of timekilling??? Does it even take skill??

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There just ruining the warcraft series to be able to continue WoW.

Wrong. WoW is its own thing. When warcraft 4 comes out it will continue from where warcraft 3 left off. And yes warcraft 4 will come its inevitable.

:confused:Wat if they makea WoS world of starcraft??? would that not make blizzard the ultimate Rpg company and wat the point of Rpgs like wow any ways u strat small learn a few tricks kill a few guys get to max lvl and start all over is it not a pointless cycle of timekilling??? Does it even take skill??

.... You really don't think WoW doesn't take skill? What happens when you level up to 70 and you start doing 2v2 arenas? Do you think that is skill less?
Warhammer online will crush WoW in the name of Grungni, Grimmnir and Valaya...TRUE DWARVEN STEEL.

I hightly doubt it, if any MMO will end WoW, it will be Bethesda's.

WoW will be extremely hard to beat. Its like Dota as soon as It reached a certain amount of players just the amount of players will make other people play. Its self boosting by having a lot of people playing. People always want to be in a big community.

Rad

Reaction score
I hightly doubt it, if any MMO will end WoW, it will be Bethesda's.

Absolutely true. Although according to Oblivion bethesda was "the one company keeping single player RPG's alive". Really, I don't think their designers would be able to handle an MMO but then again if they went at it I'm sure it would blow WoW out of the water.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Guys, look at the gameplay of WoW. Simple, Cartoonish, -easy to learn-. Even comparing it to guild wars, it's so much easier to learn. This is why people like it, they can pick up where they left off without too much trouble, and can learn how to play from the start without too much trouble.

The new MMORPG's that are coming out soon ( Age of Conan, Stargate: Worlds, ect ) are all focused on "Lifelike" graphics, and advanced gameplay. Something that will only target few players. Why? Many people that play WoW don't have very much time to play, being parents or students.

WoW Targets many people that other MMOs don't, and there are many features that even new games aren't announcing yet.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can't end WoW. There are a few games that can be argued to be better and more advanced than WoW in terms of Lore or Gameplay. Few titles are; Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online (Graphics were not too great but gameplay was good), Age of Conan. The latter two have not been released but reading Beta reviews, it seems to be good so far. As you can see, a game must be completly better than WoW to over come it. Also, WoW has a very large lore and story line to build off of. There are many people that are intriguied in this story line.

S

Shockna

I just visted blizzard.com and was just wondering is blizzard paying just a little to much attention to WOW ok fine it make them millions and even Mr.T plays it, but im starting to think blizzard is geting too coaky with WOW wat if some ohtter company slams some great RPG out that everyone then go's too, WOW would be another game lost in the selves of forgotteness. Point is 1.) WOW will fall & 2.) Blizzard need to pay more attention to SC 2 and War 4 if there will be one cause WOW is sucking up the story like a starving vampire that found a 4 year-old.

Forgotten? Are you serious? Nah... When WoW does lose its top spot, it will still be remembered as the game that brought MMORPGs into the mainstream. Chris Metzen said at BlizzCon this year that they hadn't thought of making another RTS for Warcraft, so don't count on it. WoW has, I think, made the story better.

SC2 has its own team and I'm sure it'll be good.

That said, you don't lose 10 million players overnight. It just doesn't happen.

Y

yabyab

Forgotten? Are you serious? Nah... When WoW does lose its top spot, it will still be remembered as the game that brought MMORPGs into the mainstream. Chris Metzen said at BlizzCon this year that they hadn't thought of making another RTS for Warcraft, so don't count on it. WoW has, I think, made the story better.

SC2 has its own team and I'm sure it'll be good.

That said, you don't lose 10 million players overnight. It just doesn't happen.

Exactly. WoW will never ever lose a big chunk of its subscribers in a period of 2 years no matter how many great MMORPGs being released. Let alone we know that there will be VERY few good ones being released. As long as WoW will sustain 1 million subs (which is a 90% drop!) it still is considered SUCCESSFUL. EverQuest is still running since 1999 with a ~200k subs, its peak was ~500k and we thought its going to die very soon but it is still alive and just had a 60% to 80% drop with all these MMORPGs released all this time (EQ2, WoW, CoH, Tabula, GuildWars..etc).

S

Shockna

That, and the current ones have little chance. War needs SIGNIFICANT improvement to even compete. I honestly yawned at the beta.

AoC is interesting, but again, not appealing enough to knock WoW over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.