WTF are people thinking?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Have you ever played some really good maps? Well some people just love to edit them and say they made it... Like Wars of Warcraft for an example... Yes its kinda popular but its an edit. The real other game was wars of azeroth... We need to shut down these games or something cause these people are really ruining the real people who spent work on these maps.
~ban-lord

RIP OFF MAPS
Wars of Warcraft

Do you have some?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
99% of the Anime Hero Arenas are ripoffs, Like it says "This version by ___ " but gives NO credit to the orignal maker :(

These people piss me off more than anything, theres nothing worse than spending 3 months on a map for someone to rip you off and steal it.

But the only reason they do this is because theres about 500 miles or more of wire in between the maker and them, if they lived next door i doubt they would do it :p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
That too, the people who do this really need to stop, it really ruins the games that were really spent some time on... I wish we could just delete the maps for good and keep the originals. Cause all of the maps i make i make them from scratch :D , its okay if you based the map on everything and its okay if you take a trigger or two, but come on dont just steal the map thats just wrong.... :mad:

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Some mapmakers actualy releses the last/some version in open source so others can edit it easy. I think that Sked that made Battleships did that.

Other Rips
Dota for TFT only, that is basicly 100% of all dota maps today,
this include our loved DotA template. But the last one is a rip of a rip so that maybe is ok.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I wish blizzard would have made a thing on the WE were you hit final copy or something, and it saved it in a seprate file, that noone could open it at all, kind of like counter strike editing, once you compile the map, noone can open it after :D

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
thats a good idea but incase you want to make FINAL bug fixes at least make it password protected that may be a little bit better :)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Vexorians optimizier makes it basically impossible to edit, w/o going through some really really gay stuff

I don't mind rip off maps, cuz i some cases they are better then the original, adn therefore very fun to play, and that is all that matter to me, as long as credit is given however, no credit urks me to no end

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
Vexorians optimizier makes it basically impossible to edit, w/o going through some really really gay stuff

Its easy to unprotect maps :eek:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Not really i've gotten in some maps with that, its how the person really sets the map in the optimizer like you can make it all JASS so the person cant edit it... now thats security lol

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Wondering, can you password protect a map with TFT world edit?

If so... where? I could really use.

Also I think those cracked up maps can be useful because the editor usually does add a touch of their own, generally some retarded cheat, but there are the occasional good maps. They also give us reason to think people are idiots, and give ontrast between a good and bad game, if they were all good we could never say "well that game is atleast 10X better then legendaryheros version X09.Ao97dGem/flying:;http404notfound"beta"

emjlr3

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
Its easy to unprotect maps :eek:

I thought you could not get around Vex's "protection"? I know that I think the thing that he screws with is the war3map.w3i file, maybe

How do you get around it?

emjlr3

Reaction score
Im_On_56k said:
You can get around anything, you can't fully protect a map.

Now lets get off the topic of map unprotecting, we don't support it here.

To end this, if any of you are willing to diverge your secrets, I am willing to listen intently ;)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
ban-lord2 said:
Not really i've gotten in some maps with that, its how the person really sets the map in the optimizer like you can make it all JASS so the person cant edit it... now thats security lol

Uh, i know JASS, so that really wouldent do anything... :p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
i mean to people who dont know JASS not many people do.... people just stick with integers and variables and crap

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Hehe, i need to learn but im too lazy... :( but maybe soon i will it just increases the power to make a map though...

like Moron Inc maps they DO NOT use JASS, i know the creator and he says he doesnt use JASS.

Moron Inc Maps:
CS Assault 1.0 ; 1.1 ; 1.2
Towerize 1.0-1.2

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Im_On_56k said:
You would be surprised on how many people know jass.
Tons of people know jass.
Yes but if they know JASS, most likely they are good with WE and so will make a pretty good map out of it, even if they screw you over in the credits.

On an unrelated note, I can't tell heads or tail of JASS.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Hehe the thing that sucks about JASS is if you want to return back to a bug, you have to find the whole thing again... >.>

You know Wars of Warcraft? The guy deprotected it with Deprotect and it made the whole map JASS, LOL i couldnt believe it the guy who editted it barely could even map all he did was add in some uber items and units and said he made a game >.> what a loser...

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
Some mapmakers actualy releses the last/some version in open source so others can edit it easy. I think that Sked that made Battleships did that.

he helped me out, so i wanna say thanks to sked, i wouldnt have figured out multiboards if it werent for him

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.