Maps not showing up in-game

_v0lD_

Reaction score
So my map runs fine when I test it through the editor, but doesn't show up at all when I try to find it via Custom Game in WC3.

What are the possible reasons for this? I'm guessing there are some conditions my map isn't meeting.

Thanks

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you save it into the maps folder?
By Default:
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps

Reaction score
The reason for this is usually the long file path or map name. Did you place the maps in several subfolders in the Maps folder?
Like C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\My_maps\Best_Maps\Hero_defense\my_cool_map.w3x
There's a maximum length a file path can have but I don't know the exact number.

WilliamPa

Reaction score
I have trouble with this too, but i can see 4 maps in the file folder, and i dont think "Heaven's Might" or "Custom Spell" is disabled name...

_v0lD_

Reaction score
The reason for this is usually the long file path or map name. Did you place the maps in several subfolders in the Maps folder?
Like C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\My_maps\Best_Maps\Hero_defense\my_cool_map.w3x
There's a maximum length a file path can have but I don't know the exact number.

Yes this was the exact problem. I moved the map so the file path was shorter and it appeared and worked just fine. Thanks a lot :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.