News No extension: Windows XP D-Day arrives Monday, June 30

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I don't know. When I knew next to nothing about computers. I still was able to use Windows just fine. So I don't think being a noob is an excuse for having a mac.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You can be a n00b and use windows, we were talking about upgrading your computer and doing pro stuff.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Anyone can upgrade their computers. The thing people can't do is use whatever functions that lies hidden somewhere and isn't accessible from the start menu. People can't take full advantage of what they acually have got.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Anyone can upgrade their computers.

"I just got my first computer and now I'm going to upgrade it."
*opens case* "WTF is this shit?"
*goes online and asks a friend*
"My friend told me to throw water into the computer when its running to upgrade it." *Throws water into computer* *boom*

Akatsuki

Reaction score
That's how my brother messed up his first computer. Then my father bought him another computer which he messed up with viruses and spyware. The irony is that we had like 3 anti-spyware+viruses software CD's. Then my brother got another computer which he messed up again but my father bought him another computer and gave the old one to me hoping that the computer dies in my hands but I did the dumbest thing. I talked to my best friend, Google, and that computer is still the one I use. While my brother got another computer.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Maybe you should continue the trend of computre fuxing up and you can get a new one.
I mean, I could easily fux up my computer....

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
^

I disagree.

Macs are good if you know nothing about computers and don't care what your computer parts are or how good your graphic card is.

Windows XP is for people that know what they're doing.

I disagree.

I've had a Mac for about a year, and I wouldn't say that I "don't care what [my] computer parts are or how good [my] graphic card is.". Even Leo Laporte enjoys macs, and he's prolly got more knowledge of computers then a lot of us here... I enjoy how they look, inside and out. Sure they're slow, and yea it sux not being able to replace graphics cards/mobos/etc.., but I like em :D.

macs are only good to me for Video Editing.
Why do you say that? 'Cause they have iMovie? Just as good as PC can do, if not worse. They just make everything very easy..

Anyways, XP is awesome (I even have VMWare and occasionally run XP and Ubuntu.). Although, I don't think this announcement will effect the end user much, until another couple of years..

I think all technology should just stop advancing, and take a break :D.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.