Discussion Rubik's Cube discussion

JuiceBox

Reaction score
You do one side, then you work your way up to the opposite side.

Here's how I learned:
How to solve the Rubik's Cube
How to solve the Rubik's Cube faster!! (PROS ONLY!!)

Tip: You HAVE to make sure that you MEMORIZE the algorithms!! If you have to right it down on a paper to memorize them all (like what I did), do so!

LOL everyone in my class is so impressed whenever I solve them (I can solve it in 1 minute and 30 seconds!) but it get's pretty boring after you've solved it a million times (literally). :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I learned from the same video as JuiceBox, but I don't find it boring. I enjoy stimulating my mind when I'm just standing around or doing nothing. :p

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
There is a simple and fool-proof way to solve any rubik's cube... are you ready for it? :cool:

Use a sharp knife to pop all the plastic colours off, then glue them back on such that it looks like you solved it :D

lol
That's what my dad taught me anyway :D

JuiceBox

Reaction score
I learned from the same video as JuiceBox, but I don't find it boring. I enjoy stimulating my mind when I'm just standing around or doing nothing. :p

Haha, I do it whenever I'm bored and it's right beside me. But the thrill of solving it is long gone :'( (for me at least). The problem with knowing how to solve it is that YOU KNOW how to solve it so it's pretty much a routine solving it.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
It sounds like you either know how to solve it, or don't, and once you find the technique, it's easy. I never thought those little blocks were so complex yet so simple!

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
DDRtists said:

Or if your like me who takes a metro train from Fullerton to LA it's a nice toy to play while you wait.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
so. in this video. is there a technique to spin the sides that fast? or does he just have superhuman finger strength :eek:

I have to admit, when i first saw it, i swear i thought it was sped up

[youtube]FiRuGYeC0no[/youtube]

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
It's lubed inside, to allow the different sections to move more freely and with more ease.
Oh and uses his fingers to spin a section, not the whole hand, the lube allows it to happen!

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
that lubing stuff is no joke. i just did mine with vasaline. and it went so much faster then before. that when i spinned it, it would go 3 rotations >.>

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
In Japan, there is a college that has a course that lets you design new Rubik's Cubes.

There was a few designs that went into market, such as cubes without a center in each face, a cube with different grid sizes in each face, and a cube that is mashed into another cube at the corner.

Such as this one in this link. Scroll on down to see it.

After thinking about them, I kind of feel that Rubik's Cube original design isn't as impressive as before.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
1. I think that is called a void cube
2. Have seen those. like the Floppy Cube (1x3x3)
3. Siamese cube, you can make one out of normal cubes

I want to make rubiks cubes T_T

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
a person. got on the news. ... for solving it in 2 minutes

ahem*

If anyone wants to have some cubing FUN, theres going to be a competition (maybe) in Washington DC

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
In Japan, there is a college that has a course that lets you design new Rubik's Cubes.

There was a few designs that went into market, such as cubes without a center in each face, a cube with different grid sizes in each face, and a cube that is mashed into another cube at the corner.

Such as this one in this link. Scroll on down to see it.

After thinking about them, I kind of feel that Rubik's Cube original design isn't as impressive as before.

There are some weird rubix cubes that have been made.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.