Attaching actors

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
So this new custom unit thing has been frustrating me all day

Whats the deal with assigning a new custom unit an actor? so far ive only been able to change pre existing actors already assigned to units. i want to know how to attach new effects, actors, behaviors to a unit.

Advice D.

Reaction score
The Actors on duplicate units ticked me off for quite a while. The way I go about it now is duplicating another unit actor, leaving sounds and models linked (unchecked), changing the id (top right field, its above a line that separates a few values from the rest) to that of the custom unit, then copying and pasting the sounds and models fields from the original actor to the duplicate actor, as they will usually be all messed up by a "2" being appended to every sound and model. You'll also have to go over the events and make sure you change the attack animations to register on the weapons used by your custom unit (unless they're the same as the original) and possibly spells.

To attach a Behaviour to a unit, simply add them to the Behaviours field of said unit. To attach an effect, you can use a hidden "buff" type behaviour linked to an effect and attach the behaviour to the unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.