US News Biden’s Attempt to Address Memory Issue Backfires With New Gaffe

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
President Joe Biden forcefully — and at times angrily — sought to combat suggestions his acuity was declining in a hastily arranged press conference Thursday night.

But the 81-year-old leader may have made his biggest election-year liability worse.

The president summoned reporters at the White House to insist that his memory was “fine” and emphasize he was insulted by the portrait of an “elderly man with a poor memory” painted by a former US attorney appointed by Donald Trump — his likely 2024 opponent — in an investigation into his handling of classified documents.

Yet a press conference that saw the president express righteous anger over the invoking of his son’s death and offer a comprehensive overlook at the conflict in the Middle East was undercut by another high-profile gaffe involving a foreign leader.

It is obvious that whomever is reporting this story has no idea about dementia. Most people do not have experience with it. Even when it is obvious to a Dementia person they have a problem and even confronted with evidence - even video evidence they rarely if ever will admit they have an issue. They are mostly in total denial. I have been told by others that have been through the whole thing, and my experience with my father is the same, they will never admit they have a problem or that they have dementia. Basically, you have to look at someones action and the facts and state of mind to determine dementia, they hardly ever admit it or even recognize they have or possibly have a problem. It is sad that the people around Biden, who have to know what is up, are more interested in Politics then the welfare of the president and/or whether or not he is mentally fit to run the country.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.