Black Case Tempest 3000????

offensive_jerk

Reaction score
So I ordered a sealed Tempest 3000 Nuon game on Amazon, and it's not in a gold case?

What gives? Anyone hear of this?

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So I ordered a sealed Tempest 3000 Nuon game on Amazon, and it's not in a gold case?

What gives? Anyone hear of this?
I've never heard of a sealed Tempest 3000 that comes in a black DVD case. As you already know, all of the retail games came in a gold DVD case (save for The Next Tetris: CD sleeve, and the Korean exclusive: Crayon Shin Chan, which came in a white/see-through DVD case).

What normally happens is that people buy a duplicate original and pilfer the gold case, replace it with a standard black DVD case, and re-sell it. Now it all depends if its FACTORY SEALED or just re-sealed in shrinkwrap. You'll have to wait and see when you get it (i suggest you take some good quality pics of it and inspect it well before opening - you may well have something special there ;) ).

offensive_jerk

Reaction score
I have it already. It appears to be factory sealed, with the security sticker on the top of the case.
I'm on a phone now, can't upload a pic I don't think.

Serblander

Reaction score
I have it already. It appears to be factory sealed, with the security sticker on the top of the case.
I'm on a phone now, can't upload a pic I don't think.
If you haven't opened it yet then i'd love to see a pic of it - esp with the security sticker. This is most interesting. Never even heard of an original black DVD cased game sold for the NUON...

3DOMan

Reaction score
Probably a reseal.

People typically sacrifice some of the cheaper games(Ballistic, Merlin, Freefall) for the gold cases for their Tetris or Iron Soldier 3. Wouldn't make sense in the case of Tempest since it's one of the pricier games these days.

Serblander

Reaction score
Probably a reseal.

People typically sacrifice some of the cheaper games(Ballistic, Merlin, Freefall) for the gold cases for their Tetris or Iron Soldier 3. Wouldn't make sense in the case of Tempest since it's one of the pricier games these days.
My thoughts exactly! Then again, curiosity is calling...

offensive_jerk

Reaction score
See for yourself. It doesn't seem like a reseal to me. The back has a pretty elaborate 'H' seam.
Check out the pics.

Attachments

• tempest1.jpg
    tempest1.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 476
  • tempest2.jpg
    tempest2.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 459
  • tempest3.jpg
    tempest3.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 457

3DOMan

Reaction score
NUON games were not released in another region, at least not retail. Not that I'm aware of. If it's not a reseal, could just be a manufacturing mistake.

I've seen some pretty elaborate resealing jobs in my day too, so nothing surprises me either.

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NUON games did come in black cases, even at retail in the US. Here are my sealed T3K and Merlin in black cases - T3K even still has the $29.99 Best Buy sticker on it!

So odds are it's not a re-seal, just one of the later runs in a black box. My memory may be off but I believe they either ran out of supply on the gold cases or they switched to black because they were cheaper to manufacture.

photo (1).JPG

Serblander

Reaction score
NUON games did come in black cases, even at retail in the US. Here are my sealed T3K and Merlin in black cases - T3K even still has the $29.99 Best Buy sticker on it!
K3V, if you like i'd be happy to take that sealed black case T3K off your hands for an even $30 - you'd even make profit from original price purchase! :p :D

On another note, i just learned something NUON new again. Thanks ^^

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I know my Tempest 3000 was not a re-seal since I got it from Best Buy when I got my N501. It is not in a gold case. I am in USA (region 1) for what it's worth. This was at the very end of the Nuon's life though, as I did not buy my N501 until the programming SDK was released.

Serblander

Reaction score
I know my Tempest 3000 was not a re-seal since I got it from Best Buy when I got my N501. It is not in a gold case. I am in USA (region 1) for what it's worth. This was at the very end of the Nuon's life though, as I did not buy my N501 until the programming SDK was released.
So, now i know why all the cheap gold cased games are disappearing! Not only is it for T3k & TNT, but it could actually be for any late (re)release game...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.