Building custom buildings

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my quick and not complete answer but in those days i have very little time to spend in this forum.

You have to edit the ability that allow the builder to build. You have to add your new building in a row that it's not used (in the field "Ability-info" of the ability) and the edit the command card of the builder adding a button and linking it to the ability and in second step to the new building.

Copycat

Reaction score
Thanks alot for this! I dont understand why i did'nt think of this the first time tbh. I was trying to work the building into the command card where the other buildings were, and that was my problem. I've put the buildings on the normal Drone command card, and work fine.

Follow up question though. How do i get it into the command card where the other buildings are? I cant seem to find that. When i for example choose Drone's building ability, there's a command card option, but i dont get how i can use that as the normal command cards.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
In the command card, there are additional pages, you can switch between them using buttons. This is how it's done for all the builders :)

Go to the SCV and see the command card.

Saburouta

Reaction score
If you are using the "Table View" of the unit, just above the Command Card you will see a dropdown list of cards. In the original command card, one of the commands has to be set to "Submenu" instead of "Ability Command". Then instead of having a second command as one of its options, it has a "Command Card #" as one of its options.

You can add command card by adding buttons with the "Submenu" action on the first (or any) command card. Then you specify what other command card they open. Then you add buttons to that other command card.

vIgQfgq

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.