Charging Weapon.

maplenet2

Reaction score
How do you create a charge-effect on a weapon? Like, before the initial attack, how do you make the weapon wait a couple seconds before firing?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You can add a delay to the start of a weapon by setting the Stats: Damage Point property to the delay you are after.

maplenet2

Reaction score
ty.. that solves my delay problems.. do u know how to add a charging model too? like before it fires, a model will appear to make it look like its charging its weapon?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you, but I have been rather busy.

To add a charging model, create a new actor and based on Model Animation Style Continuous. Set the Art: Model property to the model you are after (you may have to create a new model object if you have not already done so). Then edit the Hosting: Host Site Operations + property and add an appropriate Site Operation to change where the model will be attached to on your unit (for example SOpAttachOverhead will attach the model the the units Overhead attachment point). Next edit the Hosting: Host + property and for the Subject value, set the Type to Alias and then select _Selectable in the drop down box. If you don't do this, then the site operations will not work properly. Finally edit the Event: Events + property and add the following events:
Code:
WeaponStart.<Your_Weapon>.AttackStart
   Create
ActorCreation
  TimerSet <Your_Charging_Duration> KillTimer
TimerExpired
   TimerName KillTimer
   Destroy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.