Continuous weapon fire on multiple targets.

maplenet2

Reaction score
I created a weapon that applies a behavior on the target. That behavior has a cool-down, and dies out eventually. The weapon I generated is channeled, so as long as it fires at the target, the behavior will always be applied. I want my weapon to continuously attack any target (That includes multiple other targets that all have that same behavior) automatically, that has the behavior applied so it will not die out.

In other words (knowing my English is still bad), remember in the campaign of Wings of Liberty.. the unit called the Virophage? It infested all the buildings around it by constantly attacking each building automatically. Is it possible to generate that kind of target filter, of some sort, without using triggers?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Yes it is possible, you have to make a validator for this

- Create a new Validator and call it like you want
- Set the type to behavior compare (something like that)
- Select the behavior in the list
- Finaly you have to go to the 'Apply Behavior Effect' and put in the validator there (advanced options required)

(note: your unit now is unable to attack at targets which has the behavior, if you not want this I can make another way for you)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
the other way is to start with a search effect for the weapon, and prioritizate the targets with the behavior in the weapon, but this is more complicated

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.