Offense Dalaran Defense

Horv

Reaction score
Dalaran Defense(Not final title)

Type: Defense / Offense map
Players: 3 Attackers 3-4 Defenders (starting).
People expertise: A terrain creator would be excellent, ideas and suggestions are welcome.

This project was inspired by Siege of Quel'Thalas map that's based on the Warcraft 3:RoC campaign.

The basic outline is that Arthas and Kel'thuzad together with their undead forces are attacking Dalaran to aquire the book of Medivh in order to summon the legion. Dalaran is the capital of magic. Elves, humans, gnomes and even dwarves dwell there in their arcane mysteries and they won't give up their homes and research without a fight.

So far I've only got the general concept and I'll fill out as I come up with more. The idea is a offense / defense map with one side defending and the other attacking. The magical aura will be there, probably stolen right from the campaign if I cannot come up with improvements myself.

Other then the shield and perhaps another magic trick or three this map will be different from normal offense / defense maps in the way that when the undead slay heroes they will gain them, just like in Siege of Quel'thalas. Example: Arthas and his forces kills an Archmage (Bob). Bob then switches side and return as an undead version controlled by the same player, aligience has switched however. (It is possible that undoing this by defenders might come up later, or adding ability for Bob to return to his original buddies.)

I've considered using the campaign map as an outline or so but I'm not to found of the terrain. And truth be told, I'm not very imaginative when it comes to terrain so if any terrainer would like to try their luck, I'd be delighted to hear from them.

Comments? Thoughts?

Attachments

• DD.w3m
    171.2 KB · Views: 307
  • The Seige of Quel'Thalas 1.9~2.w3x
    529.4 KB · Views: 302

Horv

Reaction score
Update:

I've realized that I should add unitspawns just like in any AoS to give the map a better feeling.

The undead will have some sort of Spawning pits or something that if destroyed the defenders win, or if the defenders hold out for 45 minutes.

Arthas and his teammates will win if they can reach the book of Medivh.

madd_999

Reaction score
well if this is like in the campaing i woul like to help with stuff..

i liked that map a lot..

Horv

Reaction score
yes i do have... except i'm not realy good at terraining..

Ah, I see. Anything else you would like to help with? I'm open for suggestions this is still pre-alpha or so.

Feedback, comments, suggestions are all welcome!

madd_999

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Anything else you would like to help with? I'm open for suggestions this is still pre-alpha or so.

Feedback, comments, suggestions are all welcome!

well i could help with trigering.. balancing.. when youre in beta, help you test it on Bnet.. and i could always give it a try to terrain a bit..

Marshmalo

Reaction score
This still in making?

Hey this still in making?

This sounds like a great idea, I'm the original creater of SOQ and I had thought of doing an assault on Dalrian map aswel, if I didnt already ahve far too many projects on my hands I'd offer some help. I'm working on a new version of SOQ atm but after that I might be able to if your still looking.

Theres alot of features you can incorporat into a map like this, I'd thought about having the mages of Dalarian have to activate powergeneraters and syphon mana from various sources to feul super powerful spells. Having them switch sides once they die is a nice idea aswel and theres actualy a realy good model you could use for an "undead archmage".

As for terraining, I'd go for a circle shape as thats generaly how Dalarian is shown, it would have to be beauitiful with towering spires and the crystal towers that hover around it. I would definitly remove the dalarian sheild wether effect, its too distracting, use runes instead to display magical barriers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.