Dash Damage

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
so let me get this straight

your making a JASS spell, and it is obvious you do not really know JASS, much at all, other then copying form my tutorial

you hate globals, which are great actually

you cant alter handle vars to allow you to store a group

you cant simply add a group to my spell, and not damage people you add to it

and you do not even simply know how to deal damage in JASS

?? do I paint an accurate picture?

go back to square one, learn JASS, practice simple things, the nre-read my tut and try again, if you still cannot get it, id suggest quitting WC3 modding, but that is just me...

1. Just started JASS so yes, but I didn't copy you're tutorial, I just studied open scripts and I just used what I got from those and put it together. I didn't use tables so I'm technically not exactly "copying" your tutorial.

2. Yes, I despise Globals very much, more to type (udg) and I hate making them because clicking is bothersome now.

3. Nope I can't, I need a place to learn that.

4. I can't add more units to a group because I can't store the group into a handle.

5. Do you think I'm retarded? Of course I can do damage in JASS, it's just that it does MULTIPLE spurts of damage and I was trying to fix that using Groups. So yes, I know how to do it.

-----------------

"If you don't get it, quit Wc3 modding."

Okay, you have to be older than me, because sometimes people don't get modding in a snap of a finger. These forums are to help me out, not to say "GTFO newb, only pros allowed". We all had to start from square one. I read Vexorian's starter guide and nothing in there explains handles. I read Daelin's advanced tips and Vexorian's Triggers in JASS and nothing in there explains how to create a function which allows you to store a group. So don't blame me if I don't know how to do something and I can't get anything to help me out.

I may not get this as fast as you, but at least I can learn something. So please, it's not as easy as it seems...for me that is. :p

~WarLuvr

substance

Reaction score
2. Yes, I despise Globals very much, more to type (udg) and I hate making them because clicking is bothersome now.

With vJass both of those 'problems' are solved because you can freely declare globals like this:

JASS:
globals
integer ExampleInteger = 1
endglobals

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I see why I couldn't attach a group. I was using an OLD version of KaTTana's HandleVars. I was able to make my dash spell with success. Thanks for all the help guys.

~WarLuvr

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
there alot more reasons, other then dynamically creating globals and the use of structs/libraries/scopes/private functions and variables for the use of New Gen, hes being stubborn

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
That's stupid. There's no reason NOT to use vJass... I dont know how many times I have to say it untill people realize.

Yes, there is.

1. If vJASS is not needed

You don't have to use vJASS if you don't want to.

People like you use vJass excessively. If I were to optimize a code I probably wouldn't use vJASS other than for the global declaration freedom. In fact, vJASS I believe is not always needed. Anything that can be done in vJASS has its substitutes and ways around it. For structs, you can just use globals. For globals, just place them in the Map's Script. (Should work)

For textmacros, just do the work out. Call x actions instead of using x functions.

vJASS is, in fact an awesome enhancement but really; if we could do without it before we can still do without it. It just makes our jobs simpler... :shades:

----------

Besides, in this case he doesn't need to use vJASS, so it is ok if he passes. It is his fault so let him do it. If he is going to release it, then you can comment on it. Rusty ol' handle vars are just slower and might not have success (I think), that's why they are less preferred. :)

----

I agree though with emjlr3.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
K call me stubborn because I don't want to RUSH my learning like you guys are saying. You said that I need to learn the basics and I am. I'm starting with HandleVars then going up to Structs and such. You have no right to call me stubborn if you told me I need to learn the basics.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.