Firewall/host probl

vespt

Reaction score
1st of all... Didn't knew whre to put this topic so I just posted here... Plz feel free to move it :p
Second... After doing the Firewall/host tutorial from SD_Ryoko it just stays like it was didnt let me host .....

Any help would be appreciated..
Thx

WilliamPa

Reaction score
I haven't even readed it, but i think i've done it too, even enabled all ports but still no. I rep too if u answer :p Somtimes tried to post this on myself but really none answered.

E for daemon: I done that half year ago, nothing really happened. I did it also with other ports, which i found from som website which had every game's port ids :)

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Yes, it is the wrong section because this is for the world editor.

Its simple, just forward ports 6112-6119 udp and tcp, in and out and it should work just fine. GL.

(thats 6112, 6113, 6114, 6115, 6116, 6117, 6118, and 6119) Sorry for spelling that out but some people really can mess that up. -.-

vespt

Reaction score
Alrdy don that and nothing happened... going to search in portfoward.com....

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Are you on wireless? Wireless computers also have firewalls.

This should be in Technical Support, BTW.

WilliamPa

Reaction score
I was on wireless, not anymore, few days ago tested agen hosting and nop. My modem is zyxel if it helps. I cannot check my routers atm. coz i am not home, propably tomorrow then...

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Portforward.com/routers has a lot of information and will probably solve your problem. It is most likely, no doubt, security.

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
Well one thing that solves 50% of these problems is the DMZ settings of the Routers Firewall, if you have a Belkin for example you can simply visit your (base ip adress, e.g. 150.150.2.1, note the 1) and look for DMZ, once there, you can locate your computer outside of the firewall, although it will still be protected by your main firewall, e.g. Norton.

If you have tried everything else, then do this, and it will work.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I was on wireless, not anymore, few days ago tested agen hosting and nop. My modem is zyxel if it helps. I cannot check my routers atm. coz i am not home, propably tomorrow then...

Just hope it isn't a linksystem, I find them easy to set up, but with most people they are a pain.

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
Yes, it is the wrong section because this is for the world editor.

Its simple, just forward ports 6112-6119 udp and tcp, in and out and it should work just fine. GL.

(thats 6112, 6113, 6114, 6115, 6116, 6117, 6118, and 6119) Sorry for spelling that out but some people really can mess that up. -.-

Warcraft 3 only uses 6112 tcp. Starcraft is the one that uses a range of UDP ports.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 only uses 6112 tcp. Starcraft is the one that uses a range of UDP ports.

really?, because I can see at options->gameplay-> game port.

you can change it.

hhmm..a.) allow warcraft to be used online(windows xD)
b.)the patches.. well maybe not.
c.) firewall
d.) your provider's firewall? well maybe not this too
e.) i dont know...

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
really?, because I can see at options->gameplay-> game port.

you can change it.

hhmm..a.) allow warcraft to be used online(windows xD)
b.)the patches.. well maybe not.
c.) firewall
d.) your provider's firewall? well maybe not this too
e.) i dont know...

I meant by default. You still only need to forward 1 port for tcp if you change it.

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
lol i just droped my windows firewall (default on windows XP or atleast mine lol ) then it worked lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.