Gears of War!! Big Project.!

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Where kinda watin on the models. I almost have the guns done just been busy are game opener for football is tommorw so i havent had much time.

G

Gravedigger

Where kinda watin on the models. I almost have the guns done just been busy are game opener for football is tommorw so i havent had much time.

Even during two a days, I've had plenty of time. About the models, have you actually found a modeler yet because as I've said I need to talk to them. We need certain animations to make this playable. All that I need to finish Mausoleum and then soon Canals, so that are completely playable is a marine without his gun with custom animations allowing him to use all the weapons in each of those maps. I have thought of some really cool new weapons to add, there's more then two, but only the first two need to be made right now as one will be Mausoleum and another will be in Canals. Later, we will get Loctust and Cog versions of the marine made, but for now, it will be the marine, this will allow the model to made a lot sooner. These animations are required at this point for me to be able to get anything more done on the current maps. (except for triggering Canals bridges and camera angles)

W

WhoIsJG

Fixed my computer, for now anyways, so ill post Escalation here tonight and start cranking on Mansion.

W

WhoIsJG

Rough draft of Escalation is done. Here are some screenies.

Top half of map...
l_ad851b43d1847cb191664d60f150575b.jpg

Bottom half....
l_641a8fbb7c1ca54f1a3b9e898e0fce93.jpg

Map is attached for world and digger to check out, or anyone else. It's protected. Post feedback. I didnt do anything with triggs and the only thing I did in Object Editor was change rifleman's scale value to 2.0 to check scale, it might need to be 2.5 for this map, as long as he will still fit through the smaller pathing spaces.

Attachments

• GoW_Escalation_Protected.w3x
    42.4 KB · Views: 217
G

Gravedigger

You didn't attach the file, also it will be hard to setup the camera with a 2 scale rifleman, because that puts the camera inside the rifleman.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Even during two a days, I've had plenty of time. About the models, have you actually found a modeler yet because as I've said I need to talk to them. We need certain animations to make this playable. All that I need to finish Mausoleum and then soon Canals, so that are completely playable is a marine without his gun with custom animations allowing him to use all the weapons in each of those maps. I have thought of some really cool new weapons to add, there's more then two, but only the first two need to be made right now as one will be Mausoleum and another will be in Canals. Later, we will get Loctust and Cog versions of the marine made, but for now, it will be the marine, this will allow the model to made a lot sooner. These animations are required at this point for me to be able to get anything more done on the current maps. (except for triggering Canals bridges and camera angles)

I have posted in some places and wiatin for a respons by some one. Um im not doing two a days but im in school then i have football prictice for 3 hours after so i only have little time on weekends.

W

WhoIsJG

Yeah I realized I hadnt attached it this morning when I was out. Its there now.

Ive started Mansion, so far its looking good, has anyone messed around with Clocktower?

W

WhoIsJG

Its all doable for WC3, except where the grenades are. Do you want it for the package?

And here is the first draft of Mansion, take a look, feedback is good.
l_50fea34cd4e1c0276246dc85c40449a6.jpg

I didnt put in nearly as many doodads as I did in Escalation since in Mansion almost everything that will be a doodad will have to be destructable so let me know if you want me to do all that or the modeler.

Also I had to use a lot more creative license with this map compared to Escaltion (which I thought turned out awesome as far as being true to the original) since of course Mansion has areas where in Gears you can walk under the second floor. I had to change the map some so it would still work, basically the side stairs on both sides to the second floor are changed making them shorter and more direct to the sniper rifle.

As usual its protected.

Attachments

• GoW_Mansion_Protected.w3x
    54.3 KB · Views: 177
E

Eddiemassiv

do i need frozen throne

because i am interested in this map! it sounds awesome i can help you on some ideas like using a paint ball map then editing it to make it look like a gow map or using custom models off of different model sites for WIII i have seen custom models such as master cheif Fox etc
but i just realized that i need frozen throne but litteraly i am getting it tommorow
so i can at least try to help!!!!!
i will now look for model resources

G

Gravedigger

I have posted in some places and wiatin for a respons by some one. Um im not doing two a days but im in school then i have football prictice for 3 hours after so i only have little time on weekdays.

Try to see what you can get done on the weekends then, I'll send you an update you should do for the first post for this thread. There are freeware model editors out there, I believe Milkshape 3D is supposed to be pretty good. If you can edit a marine model next weekend so that he works for this project it would be awesome (I'll send you information on what to do if you can do it). I'm playing football too, however school hasn't started yet, so I still get plenty of time on the weekends, especially since the two a days are over now.

Its all doable for WC3, except where the grenades are. Do you want it for the package?

And here is the first draft of Mansion, take a look, feedback is good.
I didnt put in nearly as many doodads as I did in Escalation since in Mansion almost everything that will be a doodad will have to be destructable so let me know if you want me to do all that or the modeler.

Also I had to use a lot more creative license with this map compared to Escaltion (which I thought turned out awesome as far as being true to the original) since of course Mansion has areas where in Gears you can walk under the second floor. I had to change the map some so it would still work, basically the side stairs on both sides to the second floor are changed making them shorter and more direct to the sniper rifle.

As usual its protected.

Right now no one is making Clocktower, Tyro Station or Rooftops, if you can get any or all of them done before the first release is ready they could be incuded, and the more we had, the better. I saw your Escalation map, it's just amazing and perfect for this project, however Mansion looks like the opposite so far. You do want to include as many doodads, multiple floors etc. as you can to make it look as good as possible. It is possible to have multiple floors in a wc3 map, so long as you trigger movement to allow it, I know how to do this, so you can have people going under the top floor in Mansion or under a bridge in Canals. Also doodads can always be made destructable later, if you need to, import models for some of them. If you do Tyro Station, include the track where the train should be, then I'll trigger the train coming by later. We might need a train model done for that map.

because i am interested in this map! it sounds awesome i can help you on some ideas like using a paint ball map then editing it to make it look like a gow map or using custom models off of different model sites for WIII i have seen custom models such as master cheif Fox etc
but i just realized that i need frozen throne but litteraly i am getting it tommorow
so i can at least try to help!!!!!
i will now look for model resources

There are no existing models that would work in this project for the characters, weapons, etc., you're welcome to edit one so that they would though. If you can find good doodad models that would be very helpful though.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
"Try to see what you can get done on the weekends then, I'll send you an update you should do for the first post for this thread. There are freeware model editors out there, I believe Milkshape 3D is supposed to be pretty good. If you can edit a marine model next weekend so that he works for this project it would be awesome (I'll send you information on what to do if you can do it). I'm playing football too, however school hasn't started yet, so I still get plenty of time on the weekends, especially since the two a days are over now."

Muh football is something im starting frist string varsite(as a 11th grader) Hell but im 6'7 and 270 so im the man for the job ya send me the stuff and ill work on it some this weekend.

Its game time, time for the heat the heart the pounding arms from the hits. Its GAME TIME! time for the 50 yard runs. SACKS! GOGOGOGO FALCONS!

W

WhoIsJG

>I saw your Escalation map, it's just amazing and perfect for this project, however Mansion looks like the opposite so far.

I must admit I put alot more time into Escalation before posting it since it was so straight forward. I wanted you guys to take a look at Mansion earlier since I had altered the layout and wanted some reactions on the basic structure.

I havent done multiple floors before but ill take a crack at it and go ahead and put all the doodads in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.