Tutorial Get The Best Results For Posting

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Basically, when you post, you want people to help right? so below I have written out the way to get best results.

Number 1
When your asking for help involving a trigger you have, do not type it out, you can simply copy paste your code into the text box,

To do this:
In World Editor in the trigger editor, go to your trigger, and above the
'Events' part of that trigger, right click the name above it, and select 'Copy as text'

Then press Ctrl + V so it pastes into this text box, then highlight your trigger, then click the # symbol which is to the very right of the B - Bold Tag

Then give a detailed as possible on what it does, what is wrong with it, how many players it has to work for, and anything else you want done with it.

Number 2
Be polite, saying "You idiot, you did not listen to what I said", even if they did not listen to what you said, is not nice, and less people will help you.

Number 3

Use correct grammar, and use as little capital letters as possible, saying "PLESWE HLP ME" is not only irritating, but is hard to read,
make sure you think about what the problem is before you post, and what exactly you want done.

--End--

I was not sure if I should make this or not, mainly because, I was not sure if it had been done before, but I did not see anyone refering them to tutorials to fix up their code, so I thought I would make this,
It is very small, and if you have anything I should add to this, please post,
I certainly have had enough of typing out how to fix someones code so it is readable.

If you think I should elaborate more on a subject, please tell me, and I will try.

(It would be good if someone would sticky or pin this in the World Editor Help Zone, so people would read it (Hopefully), and post correctly)

Cheers

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Very short for a tutorial, and I must say, most of that information is covered in the various stickied thread about forum rules.

> It would be good if someone would sticky or pin this in the World Editor Help Zone

We just got rid of some stickies a few weeks ago. Do we really need to fill it up again?

If anything, I would say, add this as a addendum to a current thread about forum rules. Of course, people don't read those very often anyway....

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I think this tutorial explains how to ask questions well enough and a lot of other stuff as well.

Only difference is you put the trigger part.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
most of that information is covered in the various stickied thread about forum rules.

I have never read it, I have not even looked at it.

All I know is that if I saw something called 'Get best results from posting' I would read it quickly, I know it is very short, but there is not that much info

>>Ghan_04, I would not read that entire thing, or various posts to get information about posting properly, all I want to know is how to get faster replies, which my 'title' indicates:p

Apart from all that stuff, is my tutorial, or shortorial, understandable?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> All I know is that if I saw something called 'Get best results from posting' I would read it quickly

Yes. YOU would read it. Others? Probably not so much.

> understandable

Definitely understandable. I'll give you that. :D

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Yes. YOU would read it. Others? Probably not so much.

What is that supposed to mean... :mad:

Example:

I am new, and I am posting, I see 'Rules and blah', I see 'Get Better Results From Posting', I go Ah! I should read that.

Personally I do not think people like to spend 1 hour reading all the rules, in which they can spend 5 minutes reading this:p and it has a better title lol.

Anyway, I thought I would just refer people to it who use bad code, so I do not have to re-type that everytime I post.

Cheers

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> What is that supposed to mean...

I didn't mean to offend. Sorry if I was unclear. I didn't mean your tutorial is bad and people would hate it. I just see it as another 'rules' kind of post that would get ignored by the majority of the newcomers.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I think part of one of the stickies SHOULD explain how to post GUI though...

One of them does. The one posted by Darg.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.