How long does it take to check versions?!

G

I am having a problem with the new Diablo 2 Expansion connecting to Battle.Net. It basically hangs when it says "Checking Versions" - not really hangs exactly, but just continues saying that forever and ever, even though the dots continue to fly by.

Now, I just got the expansion AND I just moved behind a proxy server as well. I think it is the latter that is causing this problem. I have mapped UDP on port 6112 incoming and outgoing on the proxy server to my machine, and I am running Diablo 2 "Socksified", so I don't know what else it could be.

Also, I have upgraded to v1.08 via a patch off Blizzard's website, so it isn't that either (although the auto-patcher should take care of that anyway).

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
That is the type of thing you will get happen if you have not authorized access to the server/IPaddress that is the "download/patch" server of Blizzard.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Diablo 2 needs ports 6112 through 6119 inclusive AND 4000

and not just UDP-- at least some of them need to allow TCP as well

G

According to Blizzard <a href=http://www.blizzard.com/support/proxy/>here</a>, only port 6112 needs to be mapped and only for UDP (with WinProxy, at least, which is what I use).

Also, I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to contact the patch server. And if this IS the case, why wouldn't it report a time out or a failed connect trying to contact it? It never errors; it just sits there with those damned dots scrolling across incessantly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.