Interstellar

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I just had to come back and make a thread for this. Interstellar.

For those of you who don't know, it's Christopher Nolan's latest film.

I saw it 2 days ago in 35mm film and all I can say is go see it. It's incredible. I haven't had this many feels or been touched this much by a film in so long. It's the most realistic sci-fi movie I've ever seen.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's part of a saga that will cumulative equate out to the ten years it takes them to reach their wormhole thing, which, upon trying to go through, kills them all and humanity also dies. If they work it right, they might be able to time the release of the finale around the same time of the real extinction.

Although I noticed that, despite the name, in the movie they seemed to be travelling to a different GALAXY - which is intergalactic, and much more enticing than interstellar. Why did they not call it Intergalactic? Not much bigger than going intergalactic....

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well I didn't say space Accname, eh? It's more than that. Anywho, I recommend seeing it at the biggest/best theater you have available nearby.

I don't think many people would go see a movie called "Intergalactic", one too many syllables lol.

Varine

Reaction score
Maybe they're saving it for the sequel. It'll be a trilogy. Interstellar, Intergalactic, and I'm not sure how to use inter- in universe, but there's a way I am sure.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to see this not this weekend probably next weekend though. Heard lots of good stuff about it looking forward to it.

Varine

Reaction score
I don't think there is an imax in this state. I will just have to settle on the big one in Missoula....

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably gonna pirate it some evening when I have nothing better to do.
Still have quite a list of movies to go through first.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw it recently, a couple flaws but this movie is really impressive!

I just wish the ending was a bit different. Regardless, this is a cinematic experience in itself, highly recommend seeing it in IMAX

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.