My map ideas

C

CowFu

I've been messing around with world edit a lot lately, and have some basic ideas for several maps that i would like to bounce off you guys. (i know a lot of you will say its bad to have more then one project going at a time, but its how i work and I wouldnt have it any other way)

1. RPG - Legend of Melmond
~Forked type of classes, (you start as level 1 squire, at level 20 you pick a new class, at level 50 of that class you pick another) example:: Squire->Apprentice->Mage->Elemental or Squire->Theif->Rogue->Assassin
~Save/Load
~All weapons/armor visable attached onto model
~Level/Class based equipment (warrior cant equip a wizard hat)
~Unique Bosses (Structures that heal the boss that must be destoyed first) at the end of dungeons that drop class specific gear for each Hero in the boss' region at death.
~Teamwork: only certain classes can see invis, and are not powerful enough to handle invisible secrets solo
~Dynamic stat gain (player chooses which stat to level) which is stored into a varible and transfered when changed classes, along with static stat gain based on class

2. Tower Defense - CowFu's TD
~One mob with very high health and no health regen moving slowly in a wide arc along the outside of the board is the only goal to kill
~Constant stream of creep in intersecting paths in the middle of the map that form a loop (never leave the loop) that give bounty, and are upgradable at the request of the players (level 1 gives +1 gold, level 2 gives +2 but are harder to kill) as fuel for buying towers to kill the large mob on the edge of the map
~Slow towers are very expensive as they would hinder the large mob the most

3. Castle Defense - Team Castle Defense
~two castles to protect, with 5 player teams each team guarding one castle and one king
~game ends if one king is killed
~Income is given every 30 seconds and is a varible based on how many units you have sent agaisnt your enemies
~Very limited tower buildible spots, mostly rely on defending troops/heros

Thank you for your time looking at these idea, if you feel you like an idea feel free to take it and use it as your own (i dont mind) it will give me compition and ideas to improve my own design. I'll try to answer any questions too.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Well cool ideas for each, but imo rpg has best ideas. ALso it will take you a very long time for to make each map, takes longer than you imagine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.